The Opinions on Potluck Parties thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll bring three items (I mean, this is virtual. And these are real recipes, but made with virtual ingredients, so why not.)

1. Fresh Speckeled Trout in foil packs with butter, sliced spuds, sliced carrot, and a touch of dill. It's just like it sounds. Clean and dress the trout. No need to fillet. Place in a foil pack with one sliced potato, 3 to 4 pats of butter, a sliced carrot, and a little salt and dill weed. Close the foil-pack and bake for 30 minutes. Sublime.

2. Apple.Caramel Pie - Filling: 8 to 10 Fuji apples, peeled and sliced. 1 cup sugar, mixed with 1 up flour. 1 stick butter. 1 caramel wrap. 12 caramel cubes.

Pie Crust: 3 cups ap flour, 1-1/2 tsp. salt, enough lard that when it's cut in, it forms little pea-sized flour pebbles (about 2/3 lb.), 3 tbs. ice water.
Combine the flour, salt, and lard. Cut the lard in. Add the ice water and stir gently until the dough becomes one, continuous ball. Divide the dough ball in half. Divide one of the halves in half again. Roll out one of the small dough balls on a well floured surface until it is 12 inches in diameter. Place an inverted, 9 inch deep-dish pie plate on top of the rolled crust and cut a smooth circle around it, about an inch larger that the plate. Lossen the pie crust from the table with a spatula. Fold the crust in half, then in half again to form a triangle. Lift and place the point at the center of the pie plate. Unfold the crust. Brush with egg-wash. Place the caramel wrap on the crust bottom. Roll out the second small ball identical to the first, and place it on top of the first crust.

For the filling, peel and slice the apple into small wedges. Place into a large bag with the sugar and flour. shake until the apple is well coated. Put the apple into the pie crust. Sprinkle the caramel cubes all over the filling. Roll out the second crust and place on top of the pie, crimping the edges. Make steam vents and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with coarse sugar and Cinnamon. Bake at 375 for 1 hour.

3. Chocolate-Mayonaise cake with Nutella/chocolate ganache. You already know how to make this. If not, there's a recipe that I posted back there somewhere.

Now who has that corn on the cob?

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I'll bring homemade gravad laks and some homemade quark, some capers, onion slices and bagels from St-Viateur Bagel Factory.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom