The perfect mashed potato, omelet and scrambled eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicklord1

Senior Cook
Plz give your method to making these basic but often wrong essentials in the kitchen.

Thank you

mash potato: Heavy cream, butter, mashed by hand or food mill used. seasoned properly. I usually make roasted garlic mashed potatos with a combo of red bliss, russert and yukon gold (if i can find them)

omlette. do you want french or american? and im not talking about just the fold, Im pretty darn good.

scrambled eggs. keep them moving.

french - beat well keep the pan moving and stiring. know when its almost ready. remove from heat. let sit. lift pan on angle and fold. spread with butter ontop.

regular. Stir it at first. lift edges and let exxcess under omlette. let sit for a bit and fold.

For mashed potatoes: I use russett or yukon gold. I add heavy cream, butter, sour cream, salt and pepper.

For roasted garlic mashed potatoes I take a whole head of garlic, cut it in half, pour extra virgin olive oil over both halves, wrap them in tin foil, and roast them in a 400 degree oven while the potatoes cook. I then squeeze the garlic into the potatoes and mash the garlic along with the potatoes.

IMHO the key to good scrambled eggs is to add a tablespoon of milk for every 2 eggs and cook the eggs over low heat. This will make them soft and fluffy.

i remove my eggs from thier pan while shiny. keeps 'em moist.

i'm with mama bout mashed taters, i also sprinkle in parsley & garlic. although i'll cook reds, too, unpeeled.

For my favorite mashed potatoes I cook peeled, chunked potatoes until cooked through. I drain the water and beat with mixer until lumps are gone (sometimes if it is just for us I leave a few lumps). I beat sour cream and chives into the potatoes, put into a greased casserole dish, and bake at about 350 degrees F., until they start to brown a little on top, about 20 minutes.

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom