The Perfectly Moist Hamburger Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JamesN

Assistant Cook
Hi guys,

Probably my top favorite foods of all time! Considering I eat and have lived in other countries, that's pretty insane. I've eaten at a lot of hamburger joints in San Francisco and the Bay Area-- Burger Joint, In n Out, Hooters(yea they have decent burgers) (can't stand Burger King or McDonalds), a joint near Potrero Hill was where I had my first Gorgonzola burger, ( that's where it all really started for me, the love of burgers, gourmet burgers), Fuddruckers, A few gourmet places in Berkeley, and a joint called Val's where I tried aged burgers for the first time!, so I'm wondering for your burger lovers out there...do you have the perfect recipe for a moist, grilled burger, I mean one that has just the right amount of juices flowing out without making the bun soggy, yet retains all the goodness of
natural meat flavors and smoky sensations?

Oye!

I'd much appreciate any recipes you've actually tried!

JN

I've been trying all kind of different mixtures til I got the "perfect" burger. So far the best is equal parts brisket, sirloin and chuck short ribs ground fresh right before shaping and grill or (preferably)griddle in a searing hot cast iron skillet to med-rare with only S&P for seasoning.
This is the tastiest, juiciest, all around best burger I've ever had

Chuck, combined with sirloin will give you sufficient fat to keep it juicy with sirloin giving in a more intense beef flavor. To keep it moist, without changing the flavor, you should have about 80% lean to 20% fat, or even 75/25. Add one medium raw egg to a one pound of the raw burger. It will cause the burger to hold the moisture without changing either the texture or flavor. Season the meat on the outside as it's cooking with S&P to taste. It is absolutely best if freshly ground and served medium rare. Top with a grilled portabello mushroom cap that has had olive oil drizzled into the gills.
Yum!

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Maybe I am a bit of a purist when it comes to burgers, but I buy a chuck roast, use a food processor to get it somewhat of a coarse grind, using every bit of fat that comes with it, and salt and pepper only. Absolutely nothing else, no fillers of of any type.

Grill to a medium rare,never more, and I have always had juicy, tasty burgers.

Some great ideas. Will have to try fresh ground chuck.

The burgers that my family keeps asking me to make will make the burger purists cringe...here goes anyway.

2 pounds of 80-20 ground beef
1 egg
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 envelope of French Onion Soup mix
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce.

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix together. Form into patties grill.

Don't pepper the patty until it comes off of the grill. Burnt pepper is bitter.

Anything 80/20 salt and pepper then grill, when you start adding things it's called meatloaf... Period... :):):)

Back
Top Bottom