"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 10-19-2005, 11:54 AM   #11
Assistant Cook

My philosophy is start with the highest quality ingredients, organic grains and beans, vegetables that are locally grown and organic when possible, sustainably raised animal products in moderation prepared simply with love in my heart.

Old 10-19-2005, 02:41 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Mine... anything cooked with Love as a main ingredient is better than
anything cooked by the best chefs. Love makes it taste better. Just ask Grandma! :)

Old 10-19-2005, 04:27 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Creation. Innovation. Sophistication.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:49 PM   #14
Sous Chef

I'm learning more and more about the importance of finding the right balance between acidity with other non-acid flavours. I know I'm not explaining this well, but I feel like if I could just get this right in a lot of the things I try to do, whatever it is I'm trying to make will be good. I cook a lot by "feel", so if I can't get this right, then I figure I'm not very good.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:59 PM   #15
Master Chef

Cooking is love, cooking is culture, cooking is religion, cooking is art, cooking is science, cooking is psychology ....

I'm sure if I thought long enough I could go on forever. Eating is also all of the above.

To me, cooking and eating is basis of all mankind, what binds us together, what we all have in common. I've travelled quite a bit, and if you can sit and eat with your fellow man, you can form a bond. That is my philosophy of cooking.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:02 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Are you hungry? Get in here.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:32 PM   #17
Head Chef

I nurture with food. Lots of love goes into the preparation as well as thought and good ingredients. My family understands it's important to be tolerant of my mistakes as they are part of experimentation which can have wonderful results. Food does more than just fill your empty belly - it also warms your heart, heals your hurts and lifts your soul. Funny thing, though, when I'm in my kitchen cooking I'm also nurturing myself! Putting a wonderful meal on the table makes me happy and when I'm happy it spreads to those around me. When I share a recipe I'm touching lives....I guess it's just another one of those win win win things.

« Metric | Raw meat »