The Ultimate Picky Eater Recipe Challenge...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I was raising my kids I had only 1 picky eater out of the 4. His biggest dislike was greens but since he ate pretty good of everything else I didn't push the vegetables.

I am now raising 2 grandchildren and the youngest (3 years old) is so picky I can't see how he stays alive on what he will eat. His favorite food is bread, he will eat all the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches I will fix him. He likes pizza and bread sticks, oatmeal, cold cereal, bologna, hot dogs. Oh and he will eat potato chips, cookies and crackers. If I fix him a hamburger he will pick all the stuff out of the bun, put it aside and eat the bun and that's it.

I have tried feeding him the food and when I put it in his mouth he just sits there and refuses to chew and swallow.

What do I do in a case like this?

Hey Paint, have you ever tried the dried fruit bars? Fruit snacks they are called here. You can make your own very easily by pureeing (sp?) some berries, applesauce, whatever, and spreading it on a cookie sheet and then setting it in a warm oven to dry out. I don't bother trying to get my kids to eat fruit in their lunches anymore, I send these instead and keep the fruit at home for after school snacks.

Popcorn is a good healthy snack too. Ups her fiber content a bunch.

Back
Top Bottom