"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 03-13-2005, 09:10 AM   #21
Senior Cook

I meant to say:

It is great meeting yet another Joy of cooking fan. Mine is also hanging together by a thread. You can tell what I have made a lot because those pages are all stained. In my new kitchen I have a pullout thingie I rest the cookbook on so it does not need to sit on the counter anymore. Too late for this one though.

It adds to it's charm.

I had not heard that about the new joy, but have no reason to buy a new one. The next cookbook I want to buy is the wagamama one. Has anybody seen that one or read it?

Pam

Old 03-14-2005, 04:03 PM   #22
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to kyles
Thumbs up

When I decided I was going to take control of my weight, I bought both the wagamama cookbooks for my dh. And then bought him the noodle bowls and ingredients for Christmas. They are good books, but you'll find yourself straying from the recipes and doing your own thing. And there is no recipe for their coconut pannacotta ame, which is probably no bad thing, a moment on the lips a life time on the hips and all that!!!! Definitely worth buying if your a noodle fan.

Old 03-15-2005, 12:23 AM   #23
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles
When I decided I was going to take control of my weight, I bought both the wagamama cookbooks for my dh. And then bought him the noodle bowls and ingredients for Christmas. They are good books, but you'll find yourself straying from the recipes and doing your own thing. And there is no recipe for their coconut pannacotta ame, which is probably no bad thing, a moment on the lips a life time on the hips and all that!!!! Definitely worth buying if your a noodle fan.

Thank you Kyles. I had not even thought about the weight benifits. We are real noodle fans. My 14 year old daughter is a real fan of everything Japanese.

I have only seen one book here. We have a Waterstones in Amsterdam. I'll buy it next time we are there.

Pam