Thick or Thin Burger Patties???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Get a Weber Smokey Joe, like the one in the picture from Roadfix. They are cheap, and just right for grilling up a few burgers.

CD

I have one. However, I rarely have the time to set it up, then wait to get the coals burned down to use it properly. Whenever I have a day off, I'm either on my boat, or on a hike, or at the beach, or fishing, at one of my son's games before I'm heading back into work.
I really should make the effort, though.

I'm not a great burger eater but you're tempting me. The other day I bought some very low fat "steak" mince (ground beef) and I've been thinking about burgers. I like the idea of your Boursin burger. I was thinking about Brie as I have some in the 'fridge but I have to go shopping today so I'll pick up some Boursin while I'm out - probably the herb-y one.

Boursin burgers are delicious! Either the herb-y or garlic will do quite well.

Last edited:
When I cook burgers indoors, I use a Cuisinart Griddler. It cooks the burgers very quickly with nice dark sear on the outside and medium on the inside. All in about 3.5-4.0 minutes.

That's a really good idea. I like that griddle becasue the griddle plates are removable and there is a flat and a grooved side.

I have an older clamshell griddle similar to the old George Foreman grill that I use for panini type sandwiches. I took the pin out of the hinges so I can unhinge the top and place it flat on a sandwich. These newer grills usually have a slip hinge to accommodate that, where the older models sit a little angled on the top of anything really thick if you dont unhinge them.

I really like the Griddler. I don't use it often but it's versatility is a winner. I use it for burgers, chicken, pancakes, panini, etc.

Back
Top Bottom