Things I learned this week...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Claire said:
You are braver than I. There are a few things that I really like deep-fried, and I have done it, but don't like to and haven't for years!

You should try it it's surprisingly easy if you have a deep fryer...I just blanched veggies, dipped in tempura batter (can google its only like water, flour, salt, baking powder sesame oil) and fried

I've learned tha pumpkin pie filling can be made without flour, how to make peanut butter bars, that mayo can be used in cakes and that American cuisine is not that different from South African.

It sounds like it, buy you have funny names for some of the ingredients!:ROFLMAO:

Just reading this thread has boosted my knowledge so much. I learned today one of my nurses has tried my mayo cake and is now a convert to sweet things but would like some foccacia with grapes and rosemary, My grandson called and asked for my taco recipe. I learned I can handle taking off 3.7 kilo's of fluids without cramping or my blood pressure dropping to low.
kades

Hmmm...catering account requested fried ravioli? Never even heard of that before. Purchased some cheese ravioli. Made a breaking station and deep fried! Coming out awesome - who knew? Always nervouse when making something for the first time for a catering

Hmmm...catering account requested fried ravioli? Never even heard of that before. Purchased some cheese ravioli. Made a breaking station and deep fried! Coming out awesome - who knew? Always nervouse when making something for the first time for a catering
We have a place here who sere fried rav's as an appy. I love them we get an order of marinara to go with. Can't beat this as an appy.
kades

I've learned that no much time I have, I can never have enough time.

We're about to make a visit to some of our grandchildren and I've been working my all-American butt off trying to get things together.

Well.........I need a whole 'nuther decade to do everything I want to do.

I learned that cleaning a butcher block countertop with bleach will make it so the dough is prone to stick if you do pastry on it--instead, warm, soapy water.

I also learned that cutting melons across (short side) makes it easier to remove the seeds and that they fit better in your hand.

Adding oil to pasta (noodles) you are "holding" will help keep them from drying out.

I learned that cleaning a butcher block countertop with bleach will make it so the dough is prone to stick if you do pastry on it--instead, warm, soapy water.

I also learned that cutting melons across (short side) makes it easier to remove the seeds and that they fit better in your hand.

Adding oil to pasta (noodles) you are "holding" will help keep them from drying out.
I learned that adding oil to pasta that is going to sit for a while will keep it from sticking together in one big lump. :LOL:

I learned how to properly oil a chopping block...now I just need a chopping block...and some oil.

I learned that the only time I don't have to pee is when a lab tech needs a urine sample...

Back
Top Bottom