"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 07-17-2011, 09:56 PM   #221
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
That's where my pot holders and dish towels hang...also, it's textured. I'm thinking of painting the inside of the pantry door with black board paint.
Your Supreme Ogreness, what a great idea you have given me. I am currently painting my new kitchen. I have a door that leads from the kitchen into the basement and side door. I think I'll paint it with blackboard paint and make use of that blank space. Thanks for the idea. I'm glad I got it from you before I painted the door.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:05 PM   #222
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesfolk View Post
Your Supreme Ogreness, what a great idea you have given me. I am currently painting my new kitchen. I have a door that leads from the kitchen into the basement and side door. I think I'll paint it with blackboard paint and make use of that blank space. Thanks for the idea. I'm glad I got it from you before I painted the door.
You are welcome. You can also paint it with magnetic paint and then the blackboard paint...then it can be used with magnets, too!

Old 07-17-2011, 10:11 PM   #223
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
You are welcome. You can also paint it with magnetic paint and then the blackboard paint...then it can be used with magnets, too!
You are truly and Ogre Imperial!
Old 07-17-2011, 10:20 PM   #224
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesfolk View Post
You are truly and Ogre Imperial!
ROFL!!! I just watch HGTV
Old 07-18-2011, 09:35 AM   #225
Senior Cook

Yes, there's an app for that! I have MyPantry 2 on my Droid (it's a paid app - .99, I think) and I keep my inventory there. I have one upright freezer and a pullout freezer in the fridge. I can keep my inventory by location, e.g., upright freezer, fridge freezer, pantry, can carousel, etc., and by what it is: beef - ground, chicken - boneless breast, and in alphabetical order.

When I shop, I can scan the bar code with this app and it's added to the pantry, plus I can keep a "price book" with the penny pincher feature.

At the end of the day, I go through and delete whatever I used, and add to my grocery list.

I tried spreadsheets and a white board on the freezer, but I'm just too lazy
Old 07-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #226
Chef Extraordinaire

I try not to add complexity to my life whenever possible. I know it wouldn't work for me--I don't carry a purse, pockets work. I like the "KISS" principle. My parents can't figure out how to use a cell phone--I can't see them using an app. My dad got a digital camera as a gift--he turns it on, takes a picture, turns it off. He can't figure out how to advance to the next frame unless he does this. Doesn't matter how many times I've explained it to him, shown him, coached him through the steps, he reverts back to his way of using the camera...
Old 07-23-2011, 07:25 PM   #227
Chef Extraordinaire

Not sure if this is the right place or not but, try toasting either walnuts or pecans in butter and garlic powder for a delicious treat in a green salad. They are yummy.
kades
Old 07-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #228
Head Chef

That does sound good.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #229
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Pet hair on sofa, chairs, on you???? Put on one of those rubber gloves you use to wash dishes and that protects your hands, lightly moisten it and run it over the chair or sofa,,PET HAIR on glove Same thing with your cloths!
kadesma
That's a good one, dog hair on clothes drives me crazy and those lint rollers don't really work
Old 09-06-2011, 07:39 PM   #230
Chef Extraordinaire

If you have a terrible smell you cannot get rid of...............

Mix together: Preoxide, baking soda & dawn dishsoap. Mix together & rub it into carpet or whatever you are trying to get the smell out of.