Too much jalapeno!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, make anopther stew without jalapeno, and then add both together. I don't know any other ways, when it is too hot there is very little you can do.

What kind of stew? Sometimes you can decrease the heat by adding more carbs, like potatoes, rice, or pasta. Or if it's something Indian or can be steered that way, you could serve it with a Cucumber-Yogurt (Raita) side.

I made a soup back in the winter and added too much. I never found a way to cool it down (short of making another batch and adding to it) but it taught me a very valuable lesson. We ate the soup, but it warmed us considerably each time we ate it.

You may be able to add stuff that will cut the heat. Shirley Corriher recommends adding a combination of vinegar and sugar. I would rather add more of the ingredients in the original recipe so the finished product tastes like it is supposed to.

i've found that nuts help to cut heat from peppers i a lot of dishes. not sure if it would work in your stew, but maybe you could try crushing some unsalted peanuts, nuking them for a few seconds to help them soften, and adding them to a test bowl of the stew.

Just make another batch with no peppers in it. That is the easiest thing to do.

You have some good ideas here, but if none of them are feasible for you, try serving the stew with something sweet to help cut the heat-cornbread with honey comes to mind.

Back
Top Bottom