"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 08-25-2016, 07:23 PM   #111
Master Chef

Stopped at TJ"S last week and picked up two items that were featured in the Fearless Flyer.

The first was Hot & Sweet Jalapenos, fantastic! Great on a sandwich or burger. I also think they would be great drained and piled on a brick of cream cheese, serve with a stack of crispy crackers.

The second was this spicy Sriracha Ranch dressing. I wasn't crazy about it as a salad dressing but it is great as a dipping sauce or as a condiment on a burger or sandwich. I think I will experiment with making my own version of this as needed and not invest in another bottle.

Old 08-25-2016, 08:08 PM   #112
Master Chef

I saw those peppers today at TJ's Bea, and wondered about them. Are they really hot?

I have that dressing, and I like a little of it dotting my salad and then use regular Ranch. It's just right for me that way.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:17 PM   #113
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I saw those peppers today at TJ's Bea, and wondered about them. Are they really hot?

I have that dressing, and I like a little of it dotting my salad and then use regular Ranch. It's just right for me that way.
Kayelle, the peppers are sweet first and then you feel the heat, warm not really hot. Go easy on them, they are high in carbs, a few slices add a great deal of flavor.

I would definitely buy them again and again and again!
Old 08-26-2016, 12:01 AM   #114
Master Chef

Thanks for the review on the peppers Bea. I'll get a jar next time.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:58 AM   #115
Head Chef

None. One is going to open next year but I'll never darken the door. It's going to be in a hoity toity suburb that I just don't go to on principle.

skilletlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:11 PM   #116
Master Chef

Thanks for the reviews, Aunt Bea.

It's been so long since I've been to a TJ's, my list is getting long. Sure wish there was one closer than 100 miles away.

I bet those jalapenos would be so good sprinkled over homemade nachos. I've made my own sriracha ranch for a condiment, I also sometimes use a small spoonful of adobo sauce mixed in with some ranch. It works better for me that way rather than buying a whole specialty bottle.

I miss TJ's.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:29 PM   #117
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Thanks for the reviews, Aunt Bea.

It's been so long since I've been to a TJ's, my list is getting long. Sure wish there was one closer than 100 miles away.

I bet those jalapenos would be so good sprinkled over homemade nachos. I've made my own sriracha ranch for a condiment, I also sometimes use a small spoonful of adobo sauce mixed in with some ranch. It works better for me that way rather than buying a whole specialty bottle.

I miss TJ's.
I think they would be great on nacho's or tucked into a grilled cheese sandwich.

Next weekend I'm making deviled eggs for a little cookout, I'm going to top a few with a single slice of the TJ jalapeno's as a garnish.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:50 PM   #118
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilletlicker View Post
None. One is going to open next year but I'll never darken the door. It's going to be in a hoity toity suburb that I just don't go to on principle.
I can't imagine a food lover not being curious enough to at least look around.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:04 PM   #119
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilletlicker View Post
Don't hold that location against TJ's and miss out on great deals. When Himself moved to MA, he would pass one on the way to and from work. It was in a more upscale suburb. He didn't look for months because he figured it had high price-points on all the items. To his surprise, it was the affordable version of a Whole Paycheck - but with better quality.

We're about 20 miles from the nearest TJ's, and it is in the direction opposite of most of our errands. However, we make a point to make a pilgrimage at least every 3 months.

Not going to TJs because they are in a "hoity toity suburb" would be like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Suck it up, don't breathe in the rich air, and enjoy the store.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:06 PM   #120
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Apparently the Thai Satay noodles that I picked up are swill. DH will get them for lunch at some point.
I'd take it back to TJs the next time. They'll give you store credit for the value of the swill. No receipt needed since everything is Private Label.