Trader Joe's products you have tried

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Something else I like about Trader Joe's is their Fearless Flyer.

I just got my May 2017 issue and the featured article is about Charles Shaw Wines.
Did you know that this their 15th anniversary?
WOW!

Love me my Three Buck Chuck!

Can't get TJ's liquor in NJ.

I needed to replenish our pantry after being
away from about a week.

... and found a coupla new things ...

002.jpg

Key Lime Tea Cookies, very tasty with a cuppa coffee

003.JPG

Emmentaler Cheese
(they rest of our snack plate isn't new to us)
they had this on the sample table along with three different wines.
I thought that it tastes like a cross between a nice Swiss and Parm actually.
DH likes it, so I'm thinking that I'm going to try this on my version of
Copy-cat Sizzler's Malibu Chicken that I make from time to time
Chicken Malibu.JPG
[file photo]

"Copy-cat Sizzler's Malibu Chicken" - French dressing and Swiss Cheese. That's how it's made. Nothing special.

K-Girl, I use Emmentaler cheese as a substitute for the pricier Gruyere for French Onion soup. Good stuff. :yum:

Folks, if you have a tub of TJ's Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream, put the spoon down! There is a recall on the product due to possible metal particles in the ice cream.

Last edited:
We don't have a local Trader Joe's - do they do any online ordering or anything like that?
Unfortunately no... You can get many TJ's products @ Amazon, but you pay more.. The joy of TJ's is shopping there, to me anyway..

I missed them in the part of Missouri I lived in for 6 years..

Ross

We don't have a local Trader Joe's - do they do any online ordering or anything like that?

I've read that Aldi's is a sister company, and carries some of their products. Our nearest TJ's is 3 1/2 hours away.

Ross, I just got Amazon Prime, so I think I will have to check it out to see if anything I want to try is listed on there.

Dawg, we don't have an Aldi's either - at least not yet. Rumors going around that we might get one.

They have a lot of cookies I like, such as Jo-Jos and those chocolate cat cookies. I also like a lot of their cheap wines (I am awful, I know) and some of their vegan options are really good.

View attachment 27095

View attachment 27096

View attachment 27097

These looked so very cool, but in the end, meh, I could take them or leave them. I mean three Lemons for $3 is pretty steep for two glasses of Lemonade.

WOW these really caught my eye, living here in the "lemon capital of the world" and I've never heard of them. I adore my Meyer lemon tree but these darlings are really pretty!

On another TJ subject, I mentioned to Andy how much we like their frozen shrimp toasts in the appetizer section. They are so tasty done in the toaster oven, and perfect to serve along with an Asian dinner.

WOW these really caught my eye, living here in the "lemon capital of the world" and I've never heard of them. I adore my Meyer lemon tree but these darlings are really pretty!

On another TJ subject, I mentioned to Andy how much we like their frozen shrimp toasts in the appetizer section. They are so tasty done in the toaster oven, and perfect to serve along with an Asian dinner.

I'd never heard of Shrimp Toast, I had to look that up.
We would go to Dim Sum Houses alot in Honolulu but never saw that there.
Where I worked downtown, there is this Dim Sum Shop and whenever I worked overtime on Saturdays, I'd bring home a huge takeout container filled with different sorts... miss that place!

Hawaii May 2012 172.jpg

Hawaii May 2012 171.jpg

Hawaii May 2012 177.jpg

Hawaii May 2012 179.jpg

Hawaii May 2012 180.jpg

Hawaii May 2012 181.jpg

Hawaii May 2012 027.jpg

Hawaii May 2012 028.jpg

Hawaii May 2012 031.jpg

Hawaii May 2012 033.jpg

Last edited:
Back