"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 02-09-2016, 10:40 PM   #11
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
This? I love it and always get a package or two when I'm there to have on hand.
That Orange Chicken is the best thing ever there! I can't eat it right now, but I would always cut the sauce packets with fresh orange juice to make it go further served over Jasmine rice. Soooooooooo good! Better than any I've ever had in a restaurant!

And, I agree CG.......customer service at TJ's is bar none! I adore their attitude on every level. No, I don't work for them but I could. I love the shirts.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:10 PM   #12
Master Chef

Not that many things I like

But I do like a lot:
Mandarin orange chicken
Fish sticks
Nuts
Maple syrup
Cheap wine

Old 02-10-2016, 05:43 AM   #13
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Yep, that cream is very handy to have!

I just got back from TJ's...these are just a few items. I already tasted that salad dressing and it's killer good, with only 5 g. carbs. The "riced" cauliflower will come in handy for me when SC has his Jasmine rice with something. I'll just stick the pack in the freezer. I love those itty bitty potatoes because they're easy for me to pick out of a dish and give him mine.

Seconds on the dressing. I picked up a bottle last week for the first time (I don't know if it's a new product or not), and was really impressed. We emptied the bottle last night, so I'll have to grab a couple more.

TJ's is 5 miles away and is on my regular shopping loop, so it's an easy stop.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:45 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Yes, that's it!
Old 02-11-2016, 01:04 AM   #15
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Yep, that cream is very handy to have!

I just got back from TJ's...these are just a few items. I already tasted that salad dressing and it's killer good, with only 5 g. carbs. The "riced" cauliflower will come in handy for me when SC has his Jasmine rice with something. I'll just stick the pack in the freezer. I love those itty bitty potatoes because they're easy for me to pick out of a dish and give him mine.

Fell in love with the olives Kay? LOL
I gotta try that dressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Kayelle turned me on to the shelf stable heavy cream at TJ's, it's a great product to keep in the pantry.

I never saw the heavy cream. What isle is it in? Does it beat up into whipped just like fresh?
Old 02-11-2016, 01:20 AM   #16
Master Chef

Quote:
How sweet is it? All of you rave about this, but I'm really reluctant to try it if it's sweet.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:44 AM   #17
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
I never saw the heavy cream. What isle is it in? Does it beat up into whipped just like fresh?
Wow, the olives are outstanding MsM! We really enjoyed them with our before dinner wine tonight. Don't know if the shelf stable heavy cream whips like fresh, but my guess it does. I love it for sauces and soups. It's a little hard to find in the store but a very helpful person in a Hawaiian shirt will always take you to it with a big smile. Love that store!

Old 02-11-2016, 01:51 AM   #18
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
How sweet is it? All of you rave about this, but I'm really reluctant to try it if it's sweet.
Yes, it's sweet, but in a good way to my tastes. However, cutting it with equal parts of fresh orange juice improves the flavor packets a lot imo.

Old 02-11-2016, 06:20 AM   #19
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post

Yup, it does and it does not seem to weep as much as fresh whipped cream.

The cream tends to be thick and lumpy when you open the carton, don't get discouraged just whip it like fresh and enjoy.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:25 AM   #20
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Yup, it does and it does not seem to weep as much as fresh whipped cream.

The cream tends to be thick and lumpy when you open the carton, don't get discouraged just whip it like fresh and enjoy.
Thank you for the info. It would be nice to have whipped cream whenever we need it.

Thank you Kay. I will need to look for it. Sometimes I want cream in my coffee/tea or to add to a recipe but don't have it.