Trader Joe's products you have tried

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:LOL:It tastes just like cauliflower:LOL: It's not my favorite veggie to be sure. I've used it once so far, trying to mimic rice under a stir fry. I nuked it in a custard cup, and cooked it too much so I'll just do 15 seconds or so next time. It would have been better with more texture. Even with positive thinking, the only thing rice and riced cauliflower share is color. :rolleyes:

MsM, I've had those cookies and they could ruin me. They're sooooo good!

I would say it's time for cauli beer cheese soup! I don't use flour in mine, just the boat motor.

BTW I love those teeny tiny potatoes in my beef stew. Just a nice rinse and into the pot. No scrubbing, peeling or cutting.

This is my favorite Peanut Butter.

I LOVE the disclaimer on the Trader Joe site.

Trader Joe’s Crunchy Salted Peanut Butter with Flax and Chia Seeds. It’ll only cost you $2.99 for the 16-ounce jar. We’ve yet to put a price on the nutritional benefits, but that would probably mean it would be too expensive to sell in our stores.

NOTE: Since posting, the details of this item may have changed due to fluctuating market prices, federal regulations, currency rates, drought, pestilence, bandits, rush hour traffic, filibusters, clowns, zombie apocalypse, punctilious product developers... Contact our Crew for current price and availability.

Ingredients

Roasted Peanuts, Chia Seeds, Flax Seeds, Sea Salt. CONTAINS PEANUTS.

Crunchy Salted Peanut Butter with Flax and Chia Seeds | Trader Joe's

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 285
This is my favorite Peanut Butter.

I LOVE the disclaimer on the Trader Joe site:................
Ingredients

Roasted Peanuts, Chia Seeds, Flax Seeds, Sea Salt. CONTAINS PEANUTS.
I'm glad to see that, in spite of the issues with peanut allergies, TJ's doe NOT make a "peanut free" peanut butter. :ermm: Yet.

I wonder why so many people only now have life threatening allergies to peanuts? Never heard of that back in the day. Day care centers have banned peanut butter for the good of all.

Last edited:
Trader Joe products you have tried

I know, Kay. Strangely, airlines have reintroduced peanuts. Used to be those were prohibited as well.

Some of the schools I worked in had "peanut free" tables.

Last edited:
For me, it always goes back to modern parents being more protective of their kids. Using anti-bac soap for everything, for one thing. Then there is the difference in play style from when we were kids to now. Back then, most of us spent hours outside playing in the dirt - and probably eating our fair share, too. :LOL: Today's kids spend so much time with video games. Even little kids are on iPads and tablets, playing "learning" games. Put the device down, kid, and go out and play with real-live kids!

My favorite allergy story goes back to when our kids were about 2nd or 3rd grade age. The school didn't have a cafeteria, so all the kids had to brown-bag it. The school did, however, provide milk if you ordered it. Every month, they collected money from the kids who were ordering milk that month. One month our daughter came home to tell me that her one friend was allergic to white milk, so she had to drink chocolate. :huh: I said "she can't be allergic to white milk". to Loverly. "Nuh-huh, Mommy, she is!" So I said to her "how do we make chocolate milk?" "Well, we pour the milk and stir in the chocolate powd...." and stopped. "We use WHITE milk, Mom!" And that day, Loverly learned the difference between "I have an allergy" and "I don't like the taste of". :LOL:

Oops, sorry, msmofet, but I kinda went
free-sign-smileys-313.gif

This gives some credence to your theory, CG:

Or maybe it's all the videogames. Scientists think vitamin D, which the body needs sunlight to make, helps the immune system label substances as innocuous and thus build up a tolerance. Children who spend less time outdoors tend to be deficient in D, Wood says, so their body might mislabel peanut proteins as dangerous. Parents looking to protect their kids might consider sending them outside -- and not washing their hands when they come home.

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2008-12/why-are-so-many-kids-allergic-peanuts

Went to TJs yesterday and picked up a few old favorites as well as a jar of Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce. I'm looking forward to trying it. Has anyone tried it?

Went to TJs yesterday and picked up a few old favorites as well as a jar of Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce. I'm looking forward to trying it. Has anyone tried it?

I really like it Andy. It's wonderful for making a quick and tasty dinner. Up until I tried it, I thought I hated anything with the word curry in it. It's delicious.

I really like it Andy. It's wonderful for making a quick and tasty dinner. Up until I tried it, I thought I hated anything with the word curry in it. It's delicious.

Thanks Kayelle. I also noticed a couple of others, including a red curry. Have you tried that one?

I got some a few years ago, and liked it. I can't stand Indian curry, but the Thai curry is totally different, and very good. Enjoy!

After sampling their free coffee this morning (I do this twice weekly on my way to work) I picked up my usual snack and frozen food items which I stash at my workplace fridge. I also picked up their Hot Italian Chicken Sausages which I've never tried before. I picked them up for frying at camp this weekend. I'm not sure yet how or what I'll serve them with. ....gotta keep it real simple.

After sampling their free coffee this morning (I do this twice weekly on my way to work) I picked up my usual snack and frozen food items which I stash at my workplace fridge. I also picked up their Hot Italian Chicken Sausages which I've never tried before. I picked them up for frying at camp this weekend. I'm not sure yet how or what I'll serve them with. ....gotta keep it real simple.

You could take pre-sliced onions and peppers and pre-cooked pasta and mix them in with the sausage. Also bring some Italian seasoning and shredded cheese, if you like.

Back
Top Bottom