Trader Joe's products you have tried

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those cookies are pure evil. Delicious evil. We bought a tub of them from our local TJ's to take with us to OH, since the nearest TJ from our daughter's place is 60 miles away. Sad to say, that tub never "arrived alive". We got smart - the next time we took some with us the sealed tub rode in the trunk the entire way. :LOL:
Too funny... I'm ashamed to say how little time it took us to destroy the first tub we bought... Now we keep a close eye on each other... ;)

These are the dunkers we love.

IMG_2106.JPG

Addie, we don't go to Ohio to "travel". We go to SEE OUR KIDS. As far as we're concerned, it's the very best kind of vacation, period. :heart: Besides, our son went to Arizona State University for three years. We've spent time in the Phoenix area, Sedona, the Grand Canyon... It would be nice to meet up with K-Girl and Mr. Whiney! (Sorry, K-Girl, couldn't resist)

Also, we don't have to drive 60 miles to TJs when we're staying at our daughter's to stock up. We have one about 25 miles from where we live right now.

I love the Trader Joe's butter - but I noticed yesterday they raised the price 20¢. I was getting it at $2.99 and that was the same price I could find on other brands when they were on sale. But now TJ's butter is $3.19, so I passed it by this month.

I love the Trader Joe's butter - but I noticed yesterday they raised the price 20¢. I was getting it at $2.99 and that was the same price I could find on other brands when they were on sale. But now TJ's butter is $3.19, so I passed it by this month.

Yes, TJ's butter has gone to $3.19 here too..but.. I checked the chains here and they also increased their butter prices so, TJ's remains best price in my small corner of the world..

Interesting... Just yesterday I came across a recipe for a tater tot casserole.. Made me think of TJ's tots which I have seen in the store but never picked up.. Now I have 2 reasons to do so... :yum:

Ross

Ross, these are pretty good Tots, I mean Ore-Ida holds the trade mark on Tater Tots, but these are good and I just rather give my money to a non-global-conglomerate type company ::shrug:: ya know?

Oh heh, and when you make your tot casserole Ross, can you prompt me, I was thinkin' along the same lines or even Utah's Funeral Potatoes ... never had them but they sure sound good :yum:

Ross, these are pretty good Tots, I mean Ore-Ida holds the trade mark on Tater Tots, but these are good and I just rather give my money to a non-global-conglomerate type company ::shrug:: ya know?

Oh heh, and when you make your tot casserole Ross, can you prompt me, I was thinkin' along the same lines or even Utah's Funeral Potatoes ... never had them but they sure sound good :yum:

I do about 65% of my grocery shopping at TJ's.. I have found, for me personally, that TJ's offers many products which are as good, if not better than the big boys... The Tots are one of the few potato products I haven't tried.. Keep in mind that Jeannie and I eat more simple (frozen) dishes than when we were younger..

I've never been big on casseroles but, I will try this one when I get home from Missouri..
Tater tot casserole recipe
She has one of my go to blogs for desserts for two..

Ross

Last edited:
WOW Ross! That recipe sounds fab!
Unfortunately though, not DH's cup of tea.

My younger sister has lived on the "mainland" much longer than I have and would always tell me about this fantastic place that she liked to shop at,
Trader Joe's. Most of her b-day/Christmas presents from myself were TJ Gift Cards.
When we first moved here, there was a TJ's about 15 miles away from us, but I thought it was a Fancy-Pants kinda store, not a regular market, I refused to go. Then she came to visit with us in the middle of the desert and asked me if I would take her there so she could get something or another, sure.
BOY! Did she school me, I'll tell you!
Now, there are only a handful stores that I shop at, but for certain things.
At Trader Joe's I get:
wine
beer
snack/hors d'oeuvre items (far too many to list)
cheeses (the good stuff)
olives
vinegars
tea
freezer items (again far too many to list)
some veggies

The rest of my shopping is divvied up between:
Walmart (paper goods/cleaning products/sandwich bread/milk/eggs/pantry staples)
Sprouts (fruits and vegetables)
Costco (meats/yogurt/butter/K-cups/bottled water)
and just a handful of items at Fry's (aka Kroegers)

Back
Top Bottom