"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 02-09-2016, 09:56 AM   #1
Master Chef

Trader Joe products you have tried

I know there is another TJ thread but I can't find it.

My daughter loves the health and beauty products also. I love the cheese and crackers.

Here are 3 more FOOD products I have tried and LOVE!!

The 24 oz. honey for $5.99 is a good price and taste wonderful.

The shortbread cookies are Yummy!!

Old 02-09-2016, 12:29 PM   #2
Master Chef

Ohmygosh, where do I begin? I love TJ's and shop there a couple times a month.
Granted, this 37 page thread is 6 yrs old and still being used, but it could be time for a new one. Favorite Item from Trader Joe's?

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 01:03 PM   #3
Senior Cook

I like their Canadian maple sirup. It has is a full bodied flavour that US product don't seem to have.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:56 PM   #4
Master Chef

Lance, look for "B" grade maple syrup, no matter where you buy it. It might look like shellac, but it sure has more "maple" flavor.

I could more easily list what I don't like at TJ's: I think they were jalepeno lime nuts of some sort. WhooWee! Took those back.

I like their salad dressings, especially the Champagne vinaigrette. The refrigerated tapenade is good, too. We try to keep a nice selection of their appies in our freezer, too, when we have room for them. Good for a quick, light supper. I think my favorite section is the cheese wall. So much of what they offer is the same as what the high-end grocery shops sell, but at a better price point.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:58 PM   #5
Master Chef

Kayelle turned me on to the shelf stable heavy cream at TJ's, it's a great product to keep in the pantry.

Old 02-09-2016, 06:19 PM   #6
Master Chef

Yep, that cream is very handy to have!

I just got back from TJ's...these are just a few items. I already tasted that salad dressing and it's killer good, with only 5 g. carbs. The "riced" cauliflower will come in handy for me when SC has his Jasmine rice with something. I'll just stick the pack in the freezer. I love those itty bitty potatoes because they're easy for me to pick out of a dish and give him mine.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:38 PM   #7
Sous Chef

I got their tuna a while back, the 5oz albacore tuna in water. I couldn't believe how much better it tasted than Starkist or Bumblebees.

I did try their blueberries back about 2 months ago, the ones that come from Chile. They were absolutely delicious! So this time when I went shopping, I got two of the same packs of their blueberries. And they both tasted horrible. In fact, they tasted like mush. I threw both of those packs out. Too bad, too, because I thought I'd found a place to get blueberries through the winter that actually tasted like blueberries.

Otherwise, about the only thing I buy regularly from Trader Joe's is olive oil. I can find the California olive oils there.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:12 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

There isn't a Trader Joe's within a reasonable driving distance from me, so I don't get there much, unfortunately. I like the frozen orange chicken dinner and the Thai simmer sauces. Can't remember what else, it's been so long

Rodentraiser, I wonder if the blueberries were mishandled that one time.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:01 PM   #9
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
...So this time when I went shopping, I got two of the same packs of their blueberries. And they both tasted horrible. In fact, they tasted like mush. I threw both of those packs out...
Do not throw out anything from TJ's. They will give you store credit if you don't have a receipt. In fact, next time you are there tell them this experience. They are pretty trusting and will take you on your word. That's what they did for me when I mentioned something that was off and had neither receipt nor product.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:14 PM   #10
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
There isn't a Trader Joe's within a reasonable driving distance from me, so I don't get there much, unfortunately. I like the frozen orange chicken dinner and the Thai simmer sauces. Can't remember what else, it's been so long

Rodentraiser, I wonder if the blueberries were mishandled that one time.
This? I love it and always get a package or two when I'm there to have on hand.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trader_joes_mandarin_orange_chicken.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	24309