Trader Joe's products you have tried

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yays: Winter Wassail (best way to describe it is spicy fruit punch), Pfeffernusse cookies, Stroopwaffles, Chocolate Gingerbread cookies and I adore the 10 minute farro (unfortunately, I haven't seen it lately).

Getting ready for my yearly Christmas Cookie binge!

I haven't been there for awhile but wanted to pick some 10 minute farro up. Did they discontinue it?

1593856_img_2524.jpg

Here's my haul from today:

10 min Farro - I always get this, cheapest Farro I've found anywhere

Mini Dark Chocolate Mint Stars - these are a holiday must for me and the sole reason I went to TJ today. :)

Danish Kringle - wow, why didn't I buy this earlier? I've seen it every year and just walked by. YAY!

Ultra Hand Moisturizing Hand Cream - I'm excited to try it, I was excited it was only $8, but I realized it's only 3 oz. But that's ok if it's great hand cream.

TJ Salami - I have a salami addiction and this was only $4.

Basil - just because, I need basil. I'm a little upset they sold me basil that's 2 days old (or 2 days expired), I might go back and get a refund. Nay.

Vegetable Radiatore - because I needed some, no other reason. And it was cheap.

I noticed they don't have bags of Pfeffernusse this year, has anyone seen them?

Last edited:
SD, I also walked right by those flat packages of Kringles for the longest time, and then finally brought one home. What a mistake for the waistline that was, as it's everything I can do to walk past them weekly when they're there. I've never tasted a better pastry, bar none.

I had NO idea that Kringles were available at TJ's!! Shows how much I get out of town to the nearest TJ's. :ermm::LOL:

I agree that they are TO DIE FOR. A dear friend gives me one yearly for Christmas. :wub: Last year it was one of their Cherry/Cream Cheese Kringles. Pretty sure it had sliced almonds in it, too. OMGosh....

Here's their website:
https://store.ohdanishbakery.com/oh...rce=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=bing+cpc

Last edited:
I had NO idea that Kringles were available at TJ's!! Shows how much I get out of town to the nearest TJ's. :ermm::LOL:

I agree that they are TO DIE FOR. A dear friend gives me one yearly for Christmas. :wub: Last year it was one of their Cherry/Cream Cheese Kringles. Pretty sure it had sliced almonds in it, too. OMGosh....

Here's their website:
https://store.ohdanishbakery.com/oh...rce=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=bing+cpc

Zowers Cheryl!! That's some friend as they are so expensive to order.
Right now, TJ's has the almond paste filling for around $9 as I recall, and around other holidays there are more choices like pumpkin for TG and berry for Easter.

Last edited:
Zowers Cheryl!! That's some friend as they are so expensive to order.
Right now, TJ's has the almond paste filling for around $9 as I recall, and around other holidays there are more choices like pumpkin for TG and berry for Easter.

That's Jennifer for ya...she orders several every year for family and besties. :)

I think I would love the almost paste filling ones...I'll have to check with my daughter and see if she can pick one up for me on her way here for Christmas.

I took Mom to TJ's the other day to pick up some wine
and I was telling her about y'all talking about their Kringle.
My Mother is of Danish descent and is from a very small
mostly Danish-Immigrant population and knows her Kringle,
for sure!
We bought one and she LOVED IT!!
Her life-long friend sends us each a Kringle from a bakery
that one of their High School friends owns and I gotta
tell ya, Trader Joe's is far superior!!

001.JPG

I really should go back and buy a coupla more to
put into the deep freeze for later in the year as
well as take one back to Mom's friend.

Run, K-Girl, and get those while you can. After reading all of the comments about those things, we decided to do a 30-mile end-around route to TJ's so that we could experience one ourselves. Sadly, the crew member we spoke with said that they were out and, in fact, they were told to not order them until the next season's offering comes around. :( Guess I get to enjoy them vicariously through all of your posts. Fewer calories that way. :LOL:

Run, K-Girl, and get those while you can. After reading all of the comments about those things, we decided to do a 30-mile end-around route to TJ's so that we could experience one ourselves. Sadly, the crew member we spoke with said that they were out and, in fact, they were told to not order them until the next season's offering comes around. :( Guess I get to enjoy them vicariously through all of your posts. Fewer calories that way. :LOL:

Funny, we finished off our Kringle this morning and Mom said she'd like to get more, but when she gets home. I reminded her that they are seasonal, but you can order them on line ...

for $20.99 + s&h !!!
WHAT?!!

And here I was thinking that $7.99 at TJ's was steep ...

Back
Top Bottom