Trader Joe's products you have tried

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, it's official. I've now tasted the best bottled barbecue sauce I've ever tasted in my long life. I've never been a real fan of tomato based sauces, and this is not that. It's just perfect for my tastes and I highly recommend it. Yesterday I used it on my rare sliced tri tip sandwich with pickled red onions and it was killer!! :yum:
I'll see if Aldi has that here... I miss TJ's...

Ross

Interesting... A search tells me that this sauce is very popular in the south.. Apparently there are many recipes and brand bottles of this sauce available.. :)
Ross

That's what I understand too Ross. I once followed a recipe for Carolina Gold barbecue sauce and it paled in comparison to the one from TJ's. Hopefully you'll be able to find a brand there as tasty as TJ's. :yum:

I tried TJ Cambozola recently. It was good.

tj_cambozola.jpg

cambozola_cheese.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm, almond, eh? Enjoy, K-Girl. I know you will. ;)

We've had only the raspberry one, once. I wasn't the least bit impressed. Himself raved about it...at least the first quarter of it. I had cut it into four quarters and froze three so that he could work through them in spurts. By the time it was all gone, he said "no more". For the money, I can think of so many other other breakfast/dessert goodies we'd rather have.

I got one too Kirl!! The almond is my very favorite, and second place is the pecan.
CG, I got the raspberry one once, and I was not at all impressed. I think Kgirl said the same.
You really should try the almond. There's something so yummy about that almond paste inside.

My TJ’s have Kringle often. They had the almond last week. I still haven’t tried it. Maybe next time.

Yes K-L, you're right!
The last Kringle that I got at Trader Joe's was the Raspberry ---
WAY too sweet --- not good at all! Ah, but we ate the entire thing :LOL:
I also agree that the Almond is good, like a very nice marzipan, but second place for us --- Pecan is our #1 Kringle flavor.

Yesterday, when I went to pick up the Kringle and put it in my cart, I noticed the price, why I've never done so before, who knows, BUT, it was $7.99USD + tax --- I thought to myself, boy that's a bit spendy, maybe this will be the last time I buy one --- NOPE!!
Have you been to their website?
https://www.ohdanishbakery.com/about-us
$20.99 + s&h ---
You can entire to win a Kringle of your choice, once a week :clap:
(that is through Oct)

It's a deal only if you like it, Kayelle. If we see the almond one when we go (remember, it's 25 miles to TJ and we go maybe once every 3 or 4 months), we might try it. My issue with it mostly is all of that sweet icing across the top. Meh, not a fan. Give me naked bakery almost every time.

It's a deal only if you like it, Kayelle. If we see the almond one when we go (remember, it's 25 miles to TJ and we go maybe once every 3 or 4 months), we might try it. My issue with it mostly is all of that sweet icing across the top. Meh, not a fan. Give me naked bakery almost every time.

Yup! A single cake, plain old fashion doughnut does it for me. Plain slice of cake without any frostings. I don't even bother to stop in that department.

One time many years ago, I was in a bakery with a friend. I was browsing and when I started to look at all the decorated foods in the showcases, I got a bad case of the dry heaves. I had to go outside and wait for my friend.

For our New Year's dinner, I like to make a Rib Roast.
The past few years I have ordered ahead from Sprouts,
but this year when I called to our local store, THREE weeks
before Christmas, I was told that they were sold out and
were NOT getting any more.
WHAT? :ermm:
I sent an email to the Corp. office and all I got
was "... we'll pass your comment on to that store..."
:glare:

Long story, longer :LOL:

I remembered seeing something at Trader Joe's
that I was actually going to make from scratch,
(I saw a clip on YouTube from ATK and printed out the recipe)
but why spent two days making one dish when it's ready for me to pop into the oven

Porchetta

013.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

I found it at TJ's in the cold case
DELICIOUS!!!
The smallest roast I could find was 2 1/2 pounds, so I have plenty leftover in the freezer.
I threw away the recipe from ATK :ROFLMAO:

For our New Year's dinner, I like to make a Rib Roast.
The past few years I have ordered ahead from Sprouts,
but this year when I called to our local store, THREE weeks
before Christmas, I was told that they were sold out and
were NOT getting any more.
WHAT? :ermm:
I sent an email to the Corp. office and all I got
was "... we'll pass your comment on to that store..."
:glare:

Long story, longer :LOL:

I remembered seeing something at Trader Joe's
that I was actually going to make from scratch,
(I saw a clip on YouTube from ATK and printed out the recipe)
but why spent two days making one dish when it's ready for me to pop into the oven

Porchetta

View attachment 33120

View attachment 33121

View attachment 33122

I found it at TJ's in the cold case
DELICIOUS!!!
The smallest roast I could find was 2 1/2 pounds, so I have plenty leftover in the freezer.
I threw away the recipe from ATK :ROFLMAO:

That isn't like any porchetta I've ever had which is a pork loin or tenderloin wrapped in pork belly with a "pesto".

That isn't like any porchetta I've ever had which is a pork loin or tenderloin wrapped in pork belly with a "pesto".
https://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/4535

It looks and sounds like the one Chef Anne Burrell makes. She studied in Italy. The only difference is that Trader Joe's uses bacon instead of pork belly - which is made from pork belly, of course.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/anne-burrell/porchetta-with-roasted-fingerlings-recipe-1949126

True dat Craig!
But ya know, it was just so dang easy!
I was planning on making ATK's version, similar to TJ's,
but I just didn't have the passion to do it.
And we all know that if you're not feelin' the love,
it ain't gonna come out as good as it should.
It really was quite good.
I think next week we'll defrost a chunk and make sandwiches
with some soup for supper... A Hard Roll, some Hot Cherry Peppers, :yum:

Back
Top Bottom