Trader Joe's products you have tried

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
K-L, we're not real big Hot Sauce fans... is it real hot or ???

No, it's not a big deal hot Kgirl. SC isn't a hot sauce fan either, but he hasn't even noticed it's there in some of my cooking. The other flavor notes are more pronounced than the heat. There's nothing else like it on the market..
"sour, hot, salty and sweet" The citrus note is enticing. :yum:

No, it's not a big deal hot Kgirl. SC isn't a hot sauce fan either, but he hasn't even noticed it's there in some of my cooking. The other flavor notes are more pronounced than the heat. There's nothing else like it on the market..
"sour, hot, salty and sweet" The citrus note is enticing. :yum:

Hmmm, I'll look for it next time I'm there, mahalo, thanks K-L.

Yes... And Aldi has many similar products..

I miss browsing the aisles, checking out various things and just the fun of TJ's.. :)

Ross

I know what you mean Ross. Not to mention their Hawaiian shirt happy staff are the best of the best, all the time. I'm not a fan of grocery shopping in general, but TJ's is a whole nutter ball game. SC does the supermarket shopping but TJ's is my happy place.

Last edited:
I know what you mean Ross. Not to mention their Hawaiian shirt happy staff are the best of the best, all the time. I'm not a fan of grocery shopping in general, but TJ's is a whole nutter ball game. SC does the supermarket shopping but TJ's is my happy place.

Yes it is...

Jeannie's son semi-retired a few years back and took a job @ TJ's in San Diego.. He enjoys it so much that he figured it a new career... A happy place, for certain.. :)

Ross

Yes it is...

Jeannie's son semi-retired a few years back and took a job @ TJ's in San Diego.. He enjoys it so much that he figured it a new career... A happy place, for certain.. :)

Ross

Ross, my X DIL has worked there for years. I was curious to find a reason why their employees are such a happy bunch. Here's some answers about how to have happy employees.

https://www.traderjoes.com/careers

Our trader joes is usually way too crowded for me to deal with, but when I do get down there, Their Cauliflower pizza crust is pretty good, and only $4 , which is 1/2 the price of what I saw in the conventional super market. It quick, easy and tastes pretty good. Just have to watch it close towards the end of cooking, cause it goes from perfect to extra crunchy/ burnt in the blink of an eye at the end of the cooking process.

I also tried the butternut squash crust , but that was slightly sweet and still had that subtle squash taste that I wastnt looking for. Im sure it would bee good for something, but not as universal as the more mild flavored cauliflower.

The cauliflower crust I topped with spinach sautéed with garlic, oil, salt and some lemon juice. Then on top of that I placed sliced sausages ( Beyond meat Italian ). Came out really good.

The butternut crust I toped with caramelized onions and sautéed mushrooms. I figured the sweetness of the crust with the sweetness of the onions would work, but not as well as I'd expected. Cant blame a guy for trying.

Last edited:
Pita chips are one thing, or rather several things (as they have a number of delicious varieties), that I stock up on when I go to TJs, as there is not one very close. Maybe I'm lucky, as I know some things that I would eat too often, if it were nearby!

Last edited:
Pita chips are one thing, or rather several things (as they have a number of delicious varieties), that I stock up on when I go to TJs, as there is not one very close. Maybe I'm lucky, as I know some things that I would eat too often, if it were nearby!

Dave, I try so hard not to keep snack-y items in the house or extra pantry in the finished garage, `cuz WE EAT THEM UP!!! :LOL:
I've already blown through half that bag AND dip :ROFLMAO: and that was just this afternoon

laughs and giggles1 .jpg

I was watching a You Tube video the other night,
and they claimed that TJ's Pita Chips are made
by Stacy's, which is my favorite brand...

View attachment 39104

… I'm changing brands!
Right now I'm in Trader Joe's nirvana :yum:
I've had them both. The ones from TJ's seem thicker to me. When it comes to chips of any kind, personally I think the thinner the better. Besides, I can always get Stacey's at Market Basket only 7 miles away. The nearest TJ's is almost 25. Still worth the trip any time we make it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom