Trader Joe's products you have tried

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I try to pick some up whenever I'm on the West coast or when friends fly up to the 9th island LOL.

Hoa, Braddah IC, we haven't been to the 9th Island in probably 2 years.
So much fun, but because we have friends that live there, we don't stay Downtown or on the Strip anymore.
Plus, I can go to the International Market and get my local ingredients, especially frozen Zippy's Chili!!!!

Stopped at Trader Joe's and picked up a bunch of new to us things. I'll post them as I use them.

Tonight was Trader Joe's herb salad mix and Green goddess dressing. They were pretty good.

trader_joe_herb_salad_082122-jpg.52178

green_goddess_082122_img_9971-jpg.52179

P.S. - I tried to get the frozen pretzels, but they've been discontinued. :(

Some more Trader Joe products. We really liked these.

tj_eggplant_garlic_spread-jpg.52317

tj_naan_crackers_082822_img_9996-jpg.52318

This was excellent. I liked it a lot, and I'm not really a fish lover.
Trader Joe’s smoked trout.

trout.jpg

This was excellent. I liked it a lot, and I'm not really a fish lover.
Trader Joe’s smoked trout.

trout.jpg
Sounds good. I usually dislike trout, like all the other freshwater fish. But, I have had cold smoked trout that was delicious. Too bad we don't have Trader Joe's in Canada.

I saw this last week at our local TJ's and was intrigued. I'm not quite a fan of all things Kalua Pork, other than straight up or with Cabbage...
IMG_2229.JPG
IMG_2230.JPG
IMG_2231.JPG
I put these in the Air Fryer ... meh ... they're okay I guess.
Would I recommend that you try this?
Yes
Would I buy this product again?
No
DH said the same ...

As taxy has said, we don't have a Trader's here in Canada but it is interesting to see all these products and maybe look for them here or at least something similar.

Kgirl, I would try those, but especially I would try them if served on that gorgeous plate! :D Does it have a dragon in the centre?

As taxy has said, we don't have a Trader's here in Canada but it is interesting to see all these products and maybe look for them here or at least something similar.

Kgirl, I would try those, but especially I would try them if served on that gorgeous plate! :D Does it have a dragon in the centre?
IMG_2233.JPG

No, but it is a nice platter. I found these at the Asian Market that we go to when in Las Vegas... I can spend all day there.
I do have other dishes, even a flower vase with Dragons on them, that's DH's Chinese Zodiac sign.

LOL, wonder what the symbols mean. Do you know how disappointed I was to find my zodiac sign was NOT a dragon?

I should update my dragon collection album.

View attachment 62215
No, but it is a nice platter. I found these at the Asian Market that we go to when in Las Vegas... I can spend all day there.
Just sent the pic to my son who has lived in China the past 3 years ( and has a Chinese girlfriend). He says it is an Idiom that basically translates to " May you enjoy boundless longevity" ( Long may you live). Then he went in to telling me that it is written traditionally from Right to Left, although current translations show it left to write Also saying that the writing has been simplified since the 50's from traditional to help increase literacy rates. ( He's a linguistics major, so he loves this stuff).

LOL, wonder what the symbols mean. Do you know how disappointed I was to find my zodiac sign was NOT a dragon?

I should update my dragon collection album.
Me too. Do you know I have a domain called "taxdragon.ca". I'm retired now, but I have kept the domain and can still get email to it. I was The TaxDragon. It was also the English version of my registered company name. The French version was DragonTaxes.

Last edited:
I echo Kgirl, Larry. I've saved that! Thank you. Thinking I might incorporate them onto the dragon design for my Emu egg carving.
Now that that is settled, all I have to do is find the dragon, :confused: and actually start carving.

Back
Top Bottom