Trader Joe's products you have tried

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I know there is another TJ thread but I can't find it. :wacko:

My daughter loves the health and beauty products also. I love the cheese and crackers.

Here are 3 more FOOD products I have tried and LOVE!!

The 24 oz. honey for $5.99 is a good price and taste wonderful.

img_1454870_0_a3838bf114b99117f831a12d9edc679b.jpg

img_1454870_1_fe9a83e3dbcf8ce7072cdc0c9bfd8784.jpg

The shortbread cookies are Yummy!!

img_1454870_2_c9cb5ceae806a4b02caa50a50963ce71.jpg

Lance, look for "B" grade maple syrup, no matter where you buy it. It might look like shellac, but it sure has more "maple" flavor. :yum:

I could more easily list what I don't like at TJ's: I think they were jalepeno lime nuts of some sort. WhooWee! Took those back.

I like their salad dressings, especially the Champagne vinaigrette. The refrigerated tapenade is good, too. We try to keep a nice selection of their appies in our freezer, too, when we have room for them. Good for a quick, light supper. I think my favorite section is the cheese wall. So much of what they offer is the same as what the high-end grocery shops sell, but at a better price point.

Yep, that cream is very handy to have!

I just got back from TJ's...these are just a few items. I already tasted that salad dressing and it's killer good, with only 5 g. carbs. The "riced" cauliflower will come in handy for me when SC has his Jasmine rice with something. I'll just stick the pack in the freezer. I love those itty bitty potatoes because they're easy for me to pick out of a dish and give him mine.

img_1454933_0_012a5e423e5f28d2de03b0983c16ff10.jpg

I got their tuna a while back, the 5oz albacore tuna in water. I couldn't believe how much better it tasted than Starkist or Bumblebees.

I did try their blueberries back about 2 months ago, the ones that come from Chile. They were absolutely delicious! So this time when I went shopping, I got two of the same packs of their blueberries. And they both tasted horrible. In fact, they tasted like mush. I threw both of those packs out. Too bad, too, because I thought I'd found a place to get blueberries through the winter that actually tasted like blueberries.

Otherwise, about the only thing I buy regularly from Trader Joe's is olive oil. I can find the California olive oils there.

There isn't a Trader Joe's within a reasonable driving distance from me, so I don't get there much, unfortunately. I like the frozen orange chicken dinner and the Thai simmer sauces. Can't remember what else, it's been so long :(

Rodentraiser, I wonder if the blueberries were mishandled that one time.

Last edited:
...So this time when I went shopping, I got two of the same packs of their blueberries. And they both tasted horrible. In fact, they tasted like mush. I threw both of those packs out...
Do not throw out anything from TJ's. They will give you store credit if you don't have a receipt. In fact, next time you are there tell them this experience. They are pretty trusting and will take you on your word. That's what they did for me when I mentioned something that was off and had neither receipt nor product.

There isn't a Trader Joe's within a reasonable driving distance from me, so I don't get there much, unfortunately. I like the frozen orange chicken dinner and the Thai simmer sauces. Can't remember what else, it's been so long :(

Rodentraiser, I wonder if the blueberries were mishandled that one time.

This? I love it and always get a package or two when I'm there to have on hand. :yum:

Attachments

• trader_joes_mandarin_orange_chicken.jpg
    trader_joes_mandarin_orange_chicken.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 466
This? I love it and always get a package or two when I'm there to have on hand. :yum:

That Orange Chicken is the best thing ever there! I can't eat it right now, but I would always cut the sauce packets with fresh orange juice to make it go further served over Jasmine rice. Soooooooooo good! Better than any I've ever had in a restaurant!

And, I agree CG.......customer service at TJ's is bar none! I adore their attitude on every level. No, I don't work for them but I could. I love the shirts.

Last edited:

I just got back from TJ's...these are just a few items. I already tasted that salad dressing and it's killer good, with only 5 g. carbs. The "riced" cauliflower will come in handy for me when SC has his Jasmine rice with something. I'll just stick the pack in the freezer. I love those itty bitty potatoes because they're easy for me to pick out of a dish and give him mine.

img_1455005_0_012a5e423e5f28d2de03b0983c16ff10.jpg
Seconds on the dressing. I picked up a bottle last week for the first time (I don't know if it's a new product or not), and was really impressed. We emptied the bottle last night, so I'll have to grab a couple more.

TJ's is 5 miles away and is on my regular shopping loop, so it's an easy stop.

img_1455132_0_012a5e423e5f28d2de03b0983c16ff10.jpg

Fell in love with the olives Kay? LOL
I gotta try that dressing.

Kayelle turned me on to the shelf stable heavy cream at TJ's, it's a great product to keep in the pantry.

images

Z

I never saw the heavy cream. What isle is it in? Does it beat up into whipped just like fresh?

I never saw the heavy cream. What isle is it in? Does it beat up into whipped just like fresh?

Wow, the olives are outstanding MsM! We really enjoyed them with our before dinner wine tonight. Don't know if the shelf stable heavy cream whips like fresh, but my guess it does. I love it for sauces and soups. It's a little hard to find in the store but a very helpful person in a Hawaiian shirt will always take you to it with a big smile. Love that store! :)

Yup, it does and it does not seem to weep as much as fresh whipped cream.

The cream tends to be thick and lumpy when you open the carton, don't get discouraged just whip it like fresh and enjoy.

Last edited:
Yup, it does and it does not seem to weep as much as fresh whipped cream.

The cream tends to be thick and lumpy when you open the carton, don't get discouraged just whip it like fresh and enjoy.

Thank you for the info. It would be nice to have whipped cream whenever we need it.

Thank you Kay. I will need to look for it. Sometimes I want cream in my coffee/tea or to add to a recipe but don't have it.

Back
Top Bottom