Travel Food to Impress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrissie

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone,

My yearly vacation is in two weeks and me and my boyfriend are going by bus, it will take us a day to arrive on location.
Do you have any suggestions on what I should cook to impress him? He's a very picky eater, if he doesn't like how it looks, he doesn't eat.
I will make sandwiches but do you guys know any other interesting recipes that will not spoil in a day?

Thank you in advance!:bounce:

Travel food isn't usually presentation friendly I am afraid. If you have a small insulated cooler (you can get soft-sided ones at many stores these days) and a couple of ice packs you can take salads like potato and macaroni in individual serving cups. Items like sausage rolls (precooked from the deli) are also good travel items, though they can be messy.

Hope this helps!

Thank you, LPBeier, those sausage rolls sound good.
Meanwhile, I was thinking about pizza pockets! And some home made cake, can't decide yet which one to do though.

How about making pirogy or pirozhki as we call tham in Ukraine. The endles variety of fillings can impress even a picky eater.

Turkey Wraps cut at a diagonal are kind of impressive because you see swirls and layers of color (also chicken, ham, vegetarian, etc). Just pack them tightly, roll them tightly, smoosh them a little with your hand when slicing...and then they'll hold their shape and won't be messy to eat. The tortilla you use should not be too thin or too thick so it doesn't break in the rolling process. Tortillas come in a variety of colors.

Attachments

• SandwichWrap.jpg
    SandwichWrap.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 116
I love making cold sesame noodles and putting it in chinese take out cartons for presentation...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom