Trick or Treat! Whatcha got? How many?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no trick or treaters at my house. my great grand babies will come by to show me their costumes. when my kids were young and into their teens we had tons of kids. we always sat up a talking pumpkin. my husband was really into it and would hide behind the curtain as kids came up. the little ones, were handled very carefully, with the pumpkin only asked their names and age. the older ones we scared the hell out of. my husband would dress as a old crone and come from behind the garage. that scared them to.

i know what you mean about mean ones, thank goodness we don't get them here in the park.

Last edited:
The past two years we have gone to a different neighborhood to trick or treat. Our town shuts down one street off the common and most people go there. They get about 1,500 kids each year. I have done Halloween in Salem, MA and I have to say Salem has nothing on this one little street in my town. Each house outdoes the next.

We put out a bowl of candy (Butter Fingers, and Baby Ruths) with a sign saying to take one. Last year we came home and were missing 4 bars of candy max. This year the bowl was empty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL7V8G3LxcA

I made a bunch of hot chicken wing pies last night for our little Halloween party but the only trick or treater we had all evening was this lone officer who preferred one of the pies instead of candy. He stayed for a little while and definitely did not leave any room for doughnuts.

img_932250_0_87f6fa619f299189ea8c77d0ff8ae922.jpg

I made a bunch of hot chicken wing pies last night for our little Halloween party but the only trick or treater we had all evening was this lone officer who preferred one of the pies instead of candy. He stayed for a little while and definitely did not leave any room for doughnuts.

Gotta keep those guys fed and watered, they work hard.:)

last night we had 113 kids - I usually hand out a handful of mixed candies. I found a great mix at Costco earlier... a Monster Mix - or something to that effect. The Double Bubble seemed to be a hit!!

Back
Top Bottom