Tried and True Recipes - can we specify?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope I didn't offend anyone...nothing was meant by my post. I just want to have confidence in what I post...so somebody has an easy time preparing it...AND ENJOYS eating it.

I must confess that my philosophy is the same as Erik's. I don't really feel comfortable posting a recipe until I've mastered it. It would be rather embarrassing for me to post something and then reveal that I burned the d*mn thing and had to throw it out! :LOL: Hence the reason you don't see many recipes posted by me. And what a coincidence, my real name is Erik too! :shock:

Hey kitchennisses, are you telling us to go back and edit all our recipes and add TNT if we have actually tried them? Can you do a group add????

kitchenelf said:
Yes, you have to or you will be in sooooooo much trouble ;) - Are you kidding????? A big NO to that question. :shock:

I posted a recipe from the best hotel in Eugene under appetizers. I have not tried it so I did not TNT it. Is that correct???

How about this idea, when someone is requesting a recipe, just ask for a tried and true one?

In other words, no TNT or abbreviations, just tell us what you want. I think we're all old enough to type out full sentences :D

I wouldn't know which way to decide but as for myself I've never printed a recipe on here that I for myself haven't tried and wouldn't think of doing such a thing. But it's all up to the person involved.

When I ask for a recipe... I
don't really care if it's been tried before or not.

But, then again.. I've never followed a recipe in my life.
I take the recipe and add or take away from it as I go.

:D

I don't mind much if it's not tried and true. Sometimes what has been tried and true does not necessarily mean it will be for me and my family. Different tastes. So I say, bring on the recipes and I'll have fun trying them and seeing if they will be true enough for us! :LOL:

I prefer tried and true recipes when I'm requesting.....I gravitate more towards them. However, that doesn't mean if someone posts one that they haven't tried I wouldn't give it a shot if it included ingredients I found favorable.

I think that, in this day and age of instant info via the internet, having a recipe be TNT is a 'good thing' - gawd - can't believe I said that, lol! Take this scenerio, for example -

You post a 'help - I need a recipe for _________' for a party tomorrow - you get some replies that sound good, trust the posters, and it just happens to be one that was 'googled' instead of 'TNT'. You, the unsuspecting cook, make the recipe and it turns out like -well, you know. We've all had experiences with recipes, even those posted on the FoodTV site, that just don't work.

I just feel that we all know most of us pretty well here, and if I see a recipe posted by a regular that says 'TNT', I"ll be much more likely to use that one - 'cause I know it works.

Back
Top Bottom