Tuna salad sandwich vs. salad with tuna in it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pengyou

Senior Cook
I was just searching for a recipe for a salad with tuna in it but all I could find were pages for tuna salad sandwich. How do I find the former?

Last edited:
Seach for "grilled tuna" or "tuna steaks", find something that strikes your fancy, and turn it into a sandwich. =)

Google: salad using tuna recipe. When the results come up, look to the left and click on images. If you find something interesting, click on the image, give it a minute and it will take you to the website. Then, click on the little x in the upper right hand corner of the image and you will be able to check out the website.

Are you just looking for a mixed salad with flaked canned tuna added? If so, I can give you some ideas/suggested ingredients. I make several salads with tuna, such as Tuna/White Bean Salad, Tuna/Pasta Salad, etc.

Thanks! Yes, I am looking for salads that have tuna in them.
I make a tuna salad with sliced onion, lettuce, olives and small cubes of fried potatoes. If you are interested I could post you the recipe.:)

Thanks! Yes, I am looking for salads that have tuna in them.

Here are two salad combinations I use regularly. Feel free to add any of your own ingredients or omit some of the ones listed. These are very flexible:

TUNA PASTA SALAD:

8 oz rotini or fusili, cooked al dente, drained, rinsed with cold water and drained again
1 can white tuna, drained and flaked
red bell pepper
sweet onion
canned black olives
cheese of choice
green peas
grape tomatoes, halved

I serve this with a vinaigrette of lemon juice, Dijon mustard, a touch of mayonnaise, extra virgin olive oil, spices, etc.

TUNA AND WHITE BEAN SALAD

1 can white tuna, drained and flaked
lemon juice
1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
grape tomatoes, halved
unsalted, unsweetened corn
celery
green beans, cooked and cooled
red bell pepper
sweet onion or scallions
black olives
Grated Parmigiano Reggiano

I serve this with a red wine/balsamic vinaigrette.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom