Turkey Leftovers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bolas De Fraile

Executive Chef
I make a lot of Asian food, I cut the cold turkey leftovers into chunks, place in a sieve and steam over boiling water for 20 mins or so, this plumps it up and makes it juicy before I use it.

One of my fav ways to use it is in a cheats Biriani, I fry onions,garlic, ginger, then add all the usual biriani spices, then cream and yogurt cook for ten mins, add the plump hot turkey then cooked basmati, plenty of chopped fresh coriander stir and serve with a paratha.
I also like making Lo Mai Gai with the left overs.

One of my fav ways to use it is in a cheats Biriani, I fry onions,garlic, ginger, then add all the usual biriani spices, then cream and yogurt cook for ten mins, add the plump hot turkey then cooked basmati, plenty of chopped fresh coriander stir and serve with a paratha.
I also like making Lo Mai Gai with the left overs.

Mmmmm. Sounds quick, delicious, and economical, and I'll bet it smells wonderful. Thank you, Bolas.

Rice Porridge

Another thing you can do with the leftover turkey bones is make turkey rice porridge from it (often referred to as congee on Chinese menus). Just boil a kettle of hot water then put the bones and hot water into a crock pot then let it simmer for several hours. Add in any seasonings you wish, green onion, salt, pepper, etc...

After our xmas turkey dinner, I used leftover gravy, some turkey, peas and corn, even disolved a bit of mashed potatos. I started with some turkey stock and simmered some leek, celery, carrots. and more potatos. When they were cooked a bit I added the leftovers, simmered for a few minutes, and cooled overnight. Then, I ended up with 2, 8 inch and 5 single serving pot pies.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 168
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom