United Noshes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
I came across this site today and it sounds like a lot of fun. This couple started cooking their way through the United Nations, hosting a series of dinner parties featuring the food of a different country each time. Some ingredients are challenging to find, but it sounds like a great learning experience :)

United Noshes

Their project looks a lot like a memoir/cooking book I just read. In fact, I would not be surprised if Jesse Friedman got the idea from the website Global Table Adventure, which was started by author Sasha Martin before she wrote her book.

I picked up "Life From Scratch" because the title drew me in. The author wrote it as both a memoir about her time growing up, and how she found healing by taking on a project of cooking a meal from a different country every week...for nearly four years! The link above is for her website, where you can read stories about places they "visited" by eating the meals, and you can read and cook the recipes.

Warning: Do NOT go to her website unless you have a lot of time to waste...in a good way. ;)

Well you warned me, but did I listen? Noooo! ;) I just spent most of the last couple of hours on her site. Hey, it's raining again - what else is there to do?

Her writing style isn't my favorite, but the pictures and recipes are great. What a fun project.

Have you seen the videos of her daughter? So cute. There's no excuse for picky eaters after this :LOL:

http://globaltableadventure.com/avas-corner/

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom