Uses for Blueberry Vinegar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
My sister gave me a beautiful bottle of Blueberry Vinegar.

I've just drizzled it over a few things, and mixed it with grapeseed oil for a quick dressing so far.

What would you do with this neat item?

I hadn't seen it either - but she always finds these need random items that are ALWAYS perfect for me. Last time it was fizzy bath bombes in my favorite fragrances. :)

Fruit vinegars make great salad dressings. You could also use it in a marinade for meats & poultry, or a reduction sauce for roasted pork or chicken.

Mix it with EVOO, pour it over a salad with pears, Gargonzola and baby greens ... I may have to make a trip to the store!

:heart:
Z

i think i found something for you jkath. how's this ??

Mixed Greens with Blueberries and Feta

2 tablespoons blueberry vinegar (or raspberry)
1/4 cup reduce sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon honey
2 small fresh mint leaves
1 cup plus 10 fresh bluberries (or raspberries)
8 cups mixed greens torn into bite size pieces
2 ounces crumbled feta (i'm sure you could use more lol)

In blender or food processor add vinegar, broth, oil, honey, mint, and 10 bluberries. Blend at low speed just until smooth and well combined.

Pour dressing into a jar with a tight fitting lid and refridgerate until needed. (it will keep up to 3 days).

In large bowl, toss the greens with bluberries. Shake the vinaigrette until blended well. drizzle over the salad and toss lightly. sprinkle the feta ontop and serve.

Last edited:
I am positively going to make this on Saturday! I will let you know how it is. I've got everything but the feta right now.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom