Using ISO and REC when posting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a favorite one from work:
ihtfp = i hate this fu****g place, or if management is around, i have truely found paradise

lol, good one bug. have to use that one. oh, just remembered dw's nickname when she's angry at me: mosw = mean ol' swamp witch

wasabi said:
I agree with Sushi..........All this abbreviation mumbo jumbo is confusing,use Damp's post as an example. Just come out and say what you want. This is just MY opinion.

DS, your smiley needs as swift kick in the behind.

I agree with you wasabi, the butt kick thing too.

Either way is fine with me, but if we do want to use the abbreviations, how about keeping a post in the "general" section that defines the abbreviations. The post can be updated as new abbreviations work their way into use so that way there's only one post with all the info......so people don't have to go searching multiple posts.

I didn't read through all the posts in this thread, so I apologize if I've mentioned somethig that's already been discussed.

Some abbreviations used on another board I go on (it's a board where all the women had babies in Nov 2001. The board was formed while we were all pregnant, and almost 4 years later, the board is still together).

Anyway......here are some other useful ones

TIA=Thanks in Advance
KWIM= know what I mean
DH/DW=Dear Husband/Dear Wife
DS/DD=Dear Son/Dear Daughter
MIL/FIL/SIL/BIL=Mother-in-law/Father-in-law...you get the idea

Also, the standard.......LOLs are good to list too for those that are new to message boards.

Just thought I'd share those.....I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of after fighting with my 3 yr old to take a nap. LOL

While sitting in the 'throne room' the other day and musing this thread, it suddenly dawned on me an acronym that is truly famous and as a result of this acronym most in Oz are fit.

In Oz we call a cooler an Esky, see: http://www.nylex.com.au/esky/history.htm

Now these were first invented back in the 1860's but hit real popularity and marketed well in the 1950's onwards.

What has this go to do with acronyms? I'm getting to that, just hang on.

They were designed for beer, until women found out about them and started taking fresh food on picnics etc.

Anyway, the male population of Oz was getting terribly fat having access to cold beer from their eskys 24/7, so something had to be done, and it was.

The powers that be started an Esky fitness program, but there are few exercises that can be done holding an esky.

Thus WAYNE was born. An ingenius coercive exercise regime designed to thin the Oz male's body.

WAYNE - the ultimate of acronyms.

Walk Around Your Nearest Esky.

Thus WAYNE was born. An ingenius coercive exercise regime designed to thin the Oz male's body.

WAYNE - the ultimate of acronyms.

Well, what can I say. What an honour. I have been anacronymed.
Brooksy, if I knew there was a full esky at the end of my daily 60 minute walk, it would make things a lot easier.

Mate, I don't think my wife would agree how the name was derived though!

Hey, nice mug shot. I think I've seen it before somewhere, maybe on Australia's Most Wanted. :LOL:

Good one mudbug. After you get to the contents of the Esky we may get some real pearlers. :LOL:

Speaking of acronyms AWW (as we were). I have been a member for a few months now and I have only just worked out what this 'EVOO' stuff is.
I thought it must have been some secret ingredient that is not sold in Australia.
I let a couple of recipes go because I thought I would wreck the recipe without it.
Lo and behold, I have been using the old 'EVOO' for years and didn't know it.

WayneT said:
Well, what can I say. What an honour. I have been anacronymed.

Hey, nice mug shot. I think I've seen it before somewhere, maybe on Australia's Most Wanted. :LOL:

I thought you'd like it... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

"The devil finds things for idle hands to do."

Ya gotta think about something whilest holding royal court.

On the mug shot - yep, its a good'un alright. I think someones been trying to make me look "bootiful". :shock: :shock:

No chance of that, I'm afraid.

Back
Top Bottom