Vegie Prep Nutrient Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norgeskog

Washing Up
I finally got the answer to the issue I first posted on my nuker thing. The lady is Anna Thomas and her cook book is The New Vegetarian Epicure. She was on Sara's Secrets on August 19 and 26. The title of the show was More Meatless Meals and she prepared stuffed artichokes, polenta with leeks and gorgonzola, and pink grapefruit sorbet. The menu page for it did not give any information except the recipes. The book is available in book stores and the next time I am near one I will try to substantiate Ms. Thomas' statement on the show of the 97% of nutrients go out of the food if it is nuked. I did post this response on the original but no one has read it and I did not want to leave a question open.

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS GET ARIZONA STATE :twisted:

Please do let us know what you find out since this would seem to be the inverse of what you would expect. Since nuked veges are not giving up their water soluable vitamins into a cooking liquid like in boiling or steaming - it seems they should retain 97% on their nutrient values instead of giving 97% up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom