Veronique - Side Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cerise

Washing Up
Green seedless grapes are on sale. YAY! I'm thinking about making chicken or sole veronique (grapes, shallots, white wine, heavy cream, etc.). What are some sides that would compliment the dish (grapes)? (Usually I have lots of ideas. Maybe I'm in a food rut, or it's the heat.) TIA

Last edited:
I'd do a wild rice pilaf because the chicken veronique reminded me of a salad with wild rice - green grape - grilled chicken and toasted almond slivers I often make. But then, I'm from MN and think wild rice goes with everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
A nice, crisp white wine. Some lime sorbet. A nice cheese plate.

I agree with CWS, wild rice goes with everything!

Last edited:
I'm thinking Israeli couscous with raisins, shallots, sliced almonds or pine nuts, and a dressing of parsley, white-wine vinegar and olive oil. And sauteed green beans, too.

I've made fish Veronique although it's been so long I've forgotten the recipe (other than the general idea) and which fish I used (probably some fairly thin fillet, sole would be good). In fact thanks for reminding me, I'd like to cook it again.

The pilaf sounds good to me, or my favorite Lundberg's Jubilee whole brown rice mixture, I think it has wild rice in it too. (Get it at WFM.)

I would serve it with a vegetable side, perhaps green beans. I like carrots too, julienne them and steam them, then toss them in garlic butter and a bit of sugar. Sounds weird, tastes good.

I don't think you need to pick any side specific to match with the grapes. (It's cooler where I am today, now it's only 101. :))

Back
Top Bottom