Visited My Asian Market!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Claire said:
Oh, dear. I've always been friends with my Asian market owners. In Daytona it was a Korean couple, as it is in Madison. In Dubuque it is a Vietnamese couple. As I was going through the store, stocking up for a few months, the Vietnamese gentleman looked at Hubby and said, "She knows to buy that (and pointed at the brand of soy sauce I bought) and that (pointed at some of the noodles); you are a lucky man. Hubby just smiled and said, "Yes, I am." I wish people around here liked Asian cuisine more. You know, I think I'll do Vietnamese style roll ups the next dinner party, while I have mint, basil, and cilantro. Maybe no one will like it!

Claire,

You are so lucky to have met these wonderful people and shared their cuisines. I've been lucky, too. I have yet to meet ANYONE who did not like Vietnamese style roll ups--go for it. Just be sure that you have a good sauce to go with them. My daughter had to do a country project in 7th grade (hers was Viet Nam) and we made these same rolls for her classmates---she was mobbed for the recipe. So even young people recognize good, healthy food.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom