Walgreen's Honey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Honey comes in flavors depending on where the bees are working... clover, orange blossoms, alfalfa. If the shopper likes orange blossom honey and the store sells orange blossom honey, it's the best. We use what ever the bee guy across the road leaves in a big jug at our gate.

Oldvine said:
Honey comes in flavors depending on where the bees are working... clover, orange blossoms, alfalfa. If the shopper likes orange blossom honey and the store sells orange blossom honey, it's the best. We use what ever the bee guy across the road leaves in a big jug at our gate.

What a great place you live!

Great neighbor!

I live in Southern California, where there are orange orchards all over the place. Local, organic, raw honey, orange blossom or wild flower, buckwheat when it's local. Buckwheat is my favorite, rich, strong flavor and aroma.

Went to a farmers market in Knoxville several years ago and got some great honey. I agree with buying local stuff.

I too love buckwheat honey. Although, I've yet to meet a honey I don't like (now DW, you know I'm talking about the stuff from bees. Put that cast iron pan down!:LOL:). But I really like the wild honey that my freind gets from his bees. It's far sweeter than any store-bought honey I've had. It tastes much like Tri-foil honey (a very nutritious hay that's grown here in the Eastern UP, a favorite feed hay for cattle and horses). I haven't had Tuppelo honey, made famous by the Van Morrison song. I'd like to try that sometime. When spring comes around here, we have apple blossoms, and dandelions, and lavendar, and lilac flowering everywhere. This place is honey bee heaven. After that, the flower gardens begin to bloom, along with the sweet clover, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, cherry blossoms, etc. and other flowering trees. Our summers may be short, but are filled with flowering plants of every kind. It's a good place to be a honey bee, and a bee keeper.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

We have wonderful flowering things here too, and I have thought about a hive or two, though I would probably, like CWS and her hens, dress the queen up and call her Myrtle...

Dawgluver said:
We have wonderful flowering things here too, and I have thought about a hive or two, though I would probably, like CWS and her hens, dress the queen up and call her Myrtle...

LOL!! You are too funny. I just spit my tea all over on that one. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom