Want to see food safety ...um, roulette?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unless his hands touched something after handling the chicken everything else from that cutting board was cooked so I guess I'd eat there, I think..... :)

Last edited:
Unless his hands touched something everything from that cutting board was cooked so I guess I'd eat there, I think..... :)

He handles raw chicken and immediately reaches into bowls of seasonings in some of his videos, contaminating his seasonings. I've also seen him use his fingers to test for salt, double dip, and then grab a pinch of salt with the same fingers.

Seeing these things, I have to wonder if he washes his hands after using the bathroom. I'm not a gambling man, but I'd bet money on, "No." . :ohmy:

Not to mention, coq au vin in 30 minutes? :ermm:

CD

He touched his face twice before cutting up the chicken, before the chicken on the cutting board vegetable debacle. No.

Wow, everyone should run and hide.

If you think that's bad, never eat out.

I mean, the guy if full of shi!, but is anyone really shocked?

We all talk about amazing discoveries, road trips, and overall experiences, but this ain't that bad.

Last edited:
Wow, everyone should run and hide.

If you think that's bad, never eat out.

I mean, the guy if full of shi!, but is anyone really shocked?

We all talk about amazing discoveries, road trips, and overall experiences, but this ain't that bad.

Yeah, but he is filming it and posting it on YouTube.

CD

I think he used the chicken knife and board to cut up the vegetables. Although the veggies were cooked it's not something I would do, and certainly not in an "instructional" video.

I'm know much worse than that is done in restaurants but nobody knows for sure.
This guy sure isn't doing his business a favor.

Just watched it - yeah, cross contamination everywhere. :ermm: I agree that for an instructional video promoting his restaurant, he should at least stress proper sanitation.

THings are far worse at places that you can’t see, as a teenager I worked at a few restaurants and seen some things, how about the cook playing baseball with the pot stirring oar and your ham hock, then cooking it up for your pleasure. Most restaurants are very dirty behind the scenes, it’s one reason I prefer eating at home.

Lol, Ross.

I used to cook for my department's Christmas party every year for almost 2 decades.
When it got to be upwards of 150 people attending, my old supervisor and another co-worker, who were foodies, decided to help out and cook a few dishes.

I mentioned to them that they must be super clean before and during cooking, and even in delivering the food safely. I explained some of the Servsafe stuff to them.

I said that all it takes is one person to get sick at an event you catered, and you will be admonished forever.

When they brought in their dishes that year, my supervisor said that he had that in mind, so he scrubbed his entire kitchen with bleach before cooking, and kept cleaning all the while.

I never said anything to him, but his honey glazed ham kind of had a floral note of chlorine, lol. But it was clean!

The other guy just had a dumb look on his face and said his wife did most of their job, so I figured we were good to go.

No one ever got sick at any of my parties, and the people who liked ham also got a teeth whitening to boot.

Lol, Ross.

I used to cook for my department's Christmas party every year for almost 2 decades.
When it got to be upwards of 150 people attending, my old supervisor and another co-worker, who were foodies, decided to help out and cook a few dishes.

I mentioned to them that they must be super clean before and during cooking, and even in delivering the food safely. I explained some of the Servsafe stuff to them.

I said that all it takes is one person to get sick at an event you catered, and you will be admonished forever.

When they brought in their dishes that year, my supervisor said that he had that in mind, so he scrubbed his entire kitchen with bleach before cooking, and kept cleaning all the while.

I never said anything to him, but his honey glazed ham kind of had a floral note of chlorine, lol. But it was clean!

The other guy just had a dumb look on his face and said his wife did most of their job, so I figured we were good to go.

No one ever got sick at any of my parties, and the people who liked ham also got a teeth whitening to boot.
Too cool... :LOL:

My favorite "clean cooking" story is about my son-in-law..

When my daughter married, her husband had never cooked much.. First Thanksgiving she wanted to do the turkey.. We gathered and Tracey asked Gary to "wash" the turkey..

He did... With dish soap.. Inside and out.. :ROFLMAO:

Ross

Most restaurants are very dirty behind the scenes, it’s one reason I prefer eating at home.
That's not a fair statement. You may have worked in a few dirty ones but that's not enough to make that assessment..I know many that are very clean. My place always gets excellent inspections, I make sure of it..maybe you should spend a few bucks and eat at a good one..:rolleyes:

That's not a fair statement. You may have worked in a few dirty ones but that's not enough to make that assessment..I know many that are very clean. My place always gets excellent inspections, I make sure of it..maybe you should spend a few bucks and eat at a good one..:rolleyes:

+1, any food service establishment I worked at was inspection ready at all times.

Too cool... :LOL:

My favorite "clean cooking" story is about my son-in-law..

When my daughter married, her husband had never cooked much.. First Thanksgiving she wanted to do the turkey.. We gathered and Tracey asked Gary to "wash" the turkey..

He did... With dish soap.. Inside and out.. :ROFLMAO:

Ross
Current official food safety advice is NOT to wash/rinse poultry before cooking because it can spread contamination in the kitchen. Cooking the bird properly is supposedly sufficient to kill nasties.

More important is to thaw a frozen bird completely before starting to cook it (despite the instructions in the booklet that came with my table top halogen oven!).

I think he used the chicken knife and board to cut up the vegetables. Although the veggies were cooked it's not something I would do, and certainly not in an "instructional" video.

I'm know much worse than that is done in restaurants but nobody knows for sure.
This guy sure isn't doing his business a favor.
I use a board made from a solid block of unfinished hardwood which was given as a gift on my 21st birthday (I happen to know that it cost an arm and several legs but it's served me for nearly 50 years so it's probably just about earned its keep!!!). It's well scrubbed after use and stood on its end to air dry.

Wood is supposed to contain naturally occurring anti-bacterial properties and doesn't blunt your knives like glass, plastic and other synthetic ones do. I wouldn't trust the synthetic boards which are supposed to be anti-bug (sorry, can't remember the word I'm fishing for!) further than I could throw them. To be on the safe side I use one side of my board for meat, poultry, fish, etc., and the other for everything else. I also chop veg, etc., first and then the meat last, to be on the safe side.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom