War cake, shelf life?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

summerf

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone, It is that time of year again when I start my baking for Christmas and this year I am going to try baking a war cake. I know that it is similar to a fruit cake and I would like to know what the shelf life is and when should I bake it in time for Christmas. I remember my mother-in-law saying years ago that a fruit cake is better with age. Also, where should I store this cake...in the fridge or maybe a cold room.
Thanks so much for any advice you can share with me.
Summer:yum:

Hi everyone, It is that time of year again when I start my baking for Christmas and this year I am going to try baking a war cake. I know that it is similar to a fruit cake and I would like to know what the shelf life is and when should I bake it in time for Christmas. I remember my mother-in-law saying years ago that a fruit cake is better with age. Also, where should I store this cake...in the fridge or maybe a cold room.
Thanks so much for any advice you can share with me.
Summer:yum:

If it is like fruit cake, it isn't measured in shelf life, it is measured in half lives!:LOL:

Last edited:
If it is like fruit cake, it isn't measured in shelf life, it is measured in half lives!:LOL:

And even that might be too short of a time interval to measure it by. ;)

Fruit cakes in my family are judged by how many years they have been re-gifted. :LOL:

As long as they're not totally green it's fine to pass them on. :D

Now if there was a war on then I believe that it would last as long I'd feel comfortable eating it. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom