Wedding dilemma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

griegamunith

Assistant Cook
My daughter is getting married this Sat. As we are working on a shoe string here we decided to cater, serve and decorate ourselves. Nothing new we've done it three times already. However, trying to save our sanity we decided to serve lasagna. Now I make a pretty decent lasagna but not for 150+ - people so we opted for frozen 5pounders. My friends have graciously agreed to take two lasagnas and cook them and then bring them piping hot to the reception. Now in my experience one frozen lasagna always takes longer than the directions say...but what about two? I know I don't need to double the time but how much longer would you think I need to cook them for. I need some advice here to help us get the lasagna hot and ready. thanks guys....

My daughter is getting married this Sat. As we are working on a shoe string here we decided to cater, serve and decorate ourselves. Nothing new we've done it three times already. However, trying to save our sanity we decided to serve lasagna. Now I make a pretty decent lasagna but not for 150+ - people so we opted for frozen 5pounders. My friends have graciously agreed to take two lasagnas and cook them and then bring them piping hot to the reception. Now in my experience one frozen lasagna always takes longer than the directions say...but what about two? I know I don't need to double the time but how much longer would you think I need to cook them for. I need some advice here to help us get the lasagna hot and ready. thanks guys....

I would be using a thermometer and checking for temp when they reach the time for one. I'm not sure how much longer they would need to cook.

Welcome to DC! Hope the wedding goes well!

There might be a toll-free phone number on the packages, or you could check their website.

Welcome!

:)Barbara

I don't know what brand lasagna you are using but the Stouffers has the time for cooking two on the back of the box, it's about 15-20 minutes longer if memory serves. Hope that helps.

YIKES! You sure do have a full plate in a manner of speaking...best wishes with the reception. :chef:

I would be using a thermometer and checking for temp when they reach the time for one. I'm not sure how much longer they would need to cook.

I don't know what brand lasagna you are using but the Stouffers has the time for cooking two on the back of the box, it's about 15-20 minutes longer if memory serves. Hope that helps.

Both of these are good advice. I would allow about 20 minutes extra for the second lasagna, but at the normal time I would start checking for temp (around 160 F).

I hope it all goes well!

I would consider cooking them ahead and quickly reheating them if you have an oven at the reception hall. Lasagne holds its heat well, so you could get them ready an hour beforre and then pop them in the oven on a lower temp about half an hour before they are to be served. I wouldn't worry about them being piping hot for dinner time. Warm to hot is probably fine.

Already so many great ideas for you. I just love what you are doing. So many people spend so much money on the wedding day, when the important thing is all of the years to follow as a happy couple. Have a great time with the bride and groom. Give them my best wishes, and may they still be like newly weds after 30 years like my husband and I are!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom