What are Graham Crackers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Cath. Does it say if there's one by me? ;)
If there's one thing the grocery store that I shop at has, it's a LOOOONG ethinc foods aisle. I'm going to check it out next time I go. I should probably check it out anyway.

Now I know where to look for them. They sound like a good little snack with coffee.
I prefer the raspeberry Love Potion Tim Tams over the original but they are super sweet and by the end of eating one of em, I am over it. But then a couple of days later, I'll see the packet and will forget what I thought at the end only that I liked it at the beginning!!

They brought out a chilli Tim Tam a while ago and all I can say is Blah!!!!!:ohmy:

I cannot believe...

Pacanis, they do not have one in the north east US, they have 299 stores over the country but not in this region. According to their website they have 2 stores in Maryland and 13 in Ohio, which is ok if you live in the west/south west of PA. But you can order online! I am learning alot about US geography though!!! If you can't get any let me know, I will send some over.

My grocery store doesn't have Tim Tams. I looked for them yesterday. They have items called Tam Tams.... which look like regular crackers. Oh well. No biggie.

Kadesma, you have to just try Tim Tams. Rom knows what I mean. Bite both ends off and eat, place the biscuit in your coffee and draw coffee up through the biscuit.

OH YEAHHHH *drools* just use it like a straw like Cath says and oh you can't go wrong, but that's if you don't finish the Tim Tam after taking one bite and before you can dunk it in haha
:LOL:

Cath, definitely a NO on the Arrowroots. Arrowroots are too hard and not at all like graham crackers. Do you have those teething biscuits in NZ/Oz? They are a bit molasses-y and if crushed would likely yield the same flavour as a graham cracker/biscuit. I'll go find you a picture.

Hi Cath,

If you want to experience the real thing then maybe you could try ordering some graham crackers online. Perhaps NetGrocer would ship to Australia.

Or find an American friend and do a food swap :) I did that once with someone I met over the net... she sent me Twinkies, Reeses Pieces, Doritos, Three Musketeers bars etc, and I sent her Mallowpuffs, pineapple chunks, Pinky bars, twisties, etc.

That was great fun! Although I'm still having withdrawl symptoms over the Three Musketeers bar. WHY can't we get those here? :rolleyes:

Hi Heather, tks for that.

We have a biscuit called Granitas which a few of us here have decided might be the closest thing. If not, I will try online or I have a cousin in San Francisco who is coming home in March so I might email him and see if it is possible to bring some back with him. Tks for the tip on the link to NetGrocer though.

Cath

Hi Stassie

A fellow southerner.

Thanks for the great idea. What are mallowpuffs - choc marshmallow biscuits I am thinking.

I know what you mean though, I had low fat twisties and sourdough burgers from Jack in the Box when I was in Hawaii many many moons ago. Hungry Jacks is about the closest.

Cath

You have a Starbucks?
I haven't even been to a Starbucks yet :(

I know of two different locations in San Francisco that you can stand on the corner and see 3 differents Starbucks without turning anything but your head.

Or find an American friend and do a food swap :) I did that once with someone I met over the net... she sent me Twinkies, Reeses Pieces, Doritos, Three Musketeers bars etc, and I sent her Mallowpuffs, pineapple chunks, Pinky bars, twisties, etc.

That was great fun! Although I'm still having withdrawl symptoms over the Three Musketeers bar. WHY can't we get those here? :rolleyes:

They now make Three Musketeers in mint too.... Wow are they great!

Back
Top Bottom