What are these?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

totalimmortal363

Assistant Cook
I went to a Jaguar sponsored driving event recently and these we're part of the menu in the lounge. Does anyone have any idea what they are and how to make them, they we're amazing!

It didn't taste stuffed, but it may have been. Some sort of marinara type sauce and a bit of parm cheese on top. My biggest question is what kind of mushroom is this and how do I make it?!?!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Can't tell what they are stuffed with. Any more description??

Last edited by a moderator:
That may be shredded parmesan cheese on top of roasted red peppers or tomato. No idea what else may be there.

Of course, you could contact the venue and ask them.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Can't tell what they are stuffed with. Any more description??

Did it taste like beef or beans? Might be cherry tomatoes on top.

BTW, welcome to DC!

Last edited:
They look like crimini's (baby bellos) to me. Dark mushroom that resembles large white mushrooms but with an earthier taste.

If it has marinara, I am sure there is a sausage or beef stuffing inside. Just google stuffed mushrooms or stuffed crimini mushrooms and you will get lot of ideas!

So what made them heavenly? Was it the seasoning, texture???

I'm gonna say it was the flavor/seasoning, something I'm sure I'd have a difficult time replicating at home.

Looks like an italian sausage stuffing with marinara and parm.

Looks like an italian sausage stuffing with marinara and parm.

This sounds most likely. If that's parm and marinara on top, it's very likely there's Italian sausage in the mushroom.

The mushrooms could be criminis which are brown. They could also be white stuffing mushrooms that turn brown when baked.

I am betting it is made from the chopped stems of the mushrooms, italian sausage, and bread crumbs, using crimini caps, baked and when done, topped with marinara and parm. At least that is what I would do...

Wild Mushroom: Boletus Eduli in Latin

Buon Giorno Total Immortal 36,

To the best of my knowledge on funghi varieties in the Mediterranean, this earthy wild mushroom is called Boletus in the Iberian Peninsula.

In English, ( I stand to be corrected ), if memory serves me correctly, it is called, Penny Bun.

This wild mushroom is quite common in Navarra, Catalonia, Castilla La Mancha particularly Cuenca and Guadalajara and the Basque Country.

The coulis could be Piquillo Sweet Red Basque Peppers with or without tomato ... The topping is clearly Reggiano Parmesano.

I hope this has assisted you. My best suggestion would be to contact the Jaguar Catering Department.

Have a lovely Tuesday,
Ciao,
Margi Cintrano.

I think those are plain old, grocery store, white mushrooms. As Andy wrote, they often turn brown when baked.

Back
Top Bottom