What are you cooking right this moment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
been cooking since i got up

1. Mashed Potatoes with Chives, Sour Cream and Cream Cheese
2. Bread Dressing
3. Homemade Noodles (For Noodles & Mashed Potatoes tomorrow).
4. Raspberry Cream Pie

All of this is pretty much for tomorrow so i won't be stressed out. Pretty much having a thanksgiving meal for me & my wife. with Turkey plus all the sides :).

With this thread, tomorrow we will have the opportunity to post our "cookings" in three threads! Maybe six if it corresponds with breakfast and lunch! lol Seven if we include what are you doing...

Probably. This is the first time I ever made it. It's very popular in Mexico. Apple/fruit dip, smear on cookies or cake layers, ice cream, fruit salad dressing, maybe mixed with some yogurt.. It tastes much better than store apple caramel dip. You could probably mix in some peanut butter and/or mini chocolate chips, nuts, etc.

I was chatting with a friend last night, and she mentioned the boil in can method, and how good the stuff was. I found 2 cans in the cupboard that had expired in Nov., and thought, why not? Found the CP method, and it worked!

I'm adding it to my grocery list to try out in the new crockpot. I'll have to think about stuff to mix it with. I already make a peanut butter/nut mix when I just need a spoonful of sweet, so this sounds like a good add-in.

I also want to make fudge so I'll need some for that too.

With this thread, tomorrow we will have the opportunity to post our "cookings" in three threads! Maybe six if it corresponds with breakfast and lunch! lol Seven if we include what are you doing...
:LOL::LOL: Thanks, Pac! I was kind of thinking the same thing. There is also the "what are you baking?" thread. What is the third one you were referring to? This and the "what is cooking for....." are the only two that come to mind other than baking and the others you mentioned.

I am meaning no disrespect to the original poster. It just gets confusing sometimes. :rolleyes:

Zhizara said:
I'm adding it to my grocery list to try out in the new crockpot. I'll have to think about stuff to mix it with. I already make a peanut butter/nut mix when I just need a spoonful of sweet, so this sounds like a good add-in.

I also want to make fudge so I'll need some for that too.

It's really good! I've destroyed half a can already. :pig: Take the label off first, and make sure the can is submerged in water, on its side. Cover with the lid. My friend used the full fat, but I think the fat free works well too.

Oh, and you might put a piece of foil on the bottom of the CP. I didn't have a problem, but the cans may scratch or deposit rust on the bottom.

Last edited:
:LOL::LOL: Thanks, Pac! I was kind of thinking the same thing. There is also the "what are you baking?" thread. What is the third one you were referring to? This and the "what is cooking for....." are the only two that come to mind other than baking and the others you mentioned.

I am meaning no disrespect to the original poster. It just gets confusing sometimes. :rolleyes:

The Sunday Tailgating thread :chef:

I forgot all about the baking thread. Good call.

3.19 quarts of ice cream made with 6 duck eggs, 3.5 cups heavy cream, 1 cup milk, 1 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 8 tsp flour and 2 tbs of vanilla extract. Two of the 3.19 quarts had 3 1/2 cups of whole strawberries stewed in 3 tbs of sugar mixed in. Ballpark estimate is the finished product is 40% air.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom