What are your favorite "Bar Foods?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that the best bar food happens spontaneously in an active imaginative kitchen.

The bar food is sort of like staff meals, a funny thing happened on the way to the dumpster. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

As an example, one of our local joints that serves salt potatoes as a regular menu item in the summer gives away smashed salt potatoes topped with cheese, green onions, etc... as a free Happy Hour treat.

I think that the best bar food happens spontaneously in an active imaginative kitchen.

The bar food is sort of like staff meals, a funny thing happened on the way to the dumpster. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

As an example, one of our local joints that serves salt potatoes as a regular menu item in the summer gives away smashed salt potatoes topped with cheese, green onions, etc... as a free Happy Hour treat.

That'll sell a ton of drinks to thirsty patrons -- like pretzels and popcorn. The old basket of pretzels in the local pub is a rare thing these days. I guess it's fallen out of favor.

Our local pub has a great concise menu -- apps are fried pub chips with dip, fries, wings, cheese sticks, and their entrees are burgers, club sandwich, fish sandwich, greek salad, chicken wrap and a vegetarian wrap. That's basically it. But it's all done perfectly and yummy. Then there are those places with like a 10 page menu with tons of stuff, and the food is terrible and freezer burnt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom