What are your favorite "Bar Foods?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydog

Master Chef
I mentioned somewhere else that, when I am traveling or otherwise dining alone, I like to sit at the bar, eat bar food, and strike up a conversation with strangers.

That got me to thinking (not always a good thing)... what are your favorite "Bar Foods"?

I have found that the most reliably tasty bar food is sliders. For those who don't know what they are, they are mini burgers, or other meats on a mini roll. Usually, though, they are burgers. The secret to the good ones is a good sauce.

There is also a place near me that makes fried mozzarella cubes with panko bread crumbs. It makes a huge difference, versus the typical fried mozz with regular bread crumbs. Not greasy at all, and a crunchy crust.

Really good cheese fries are hard to find, but when you find them, they are awesome.

So, what are your favorite "bar foods?"

CD

Come on Cassy, I'm from Dallas.

it's either Nachos or mini Tacos for me.

But I do like fried pickles.

if you at a Raw Bar, raw oysters of course!

Eric, Austin Tx.

pickles 001.jpg

Number one Favorite !

Number two ....
Roadhouse Ribs !

Texas Roadhouse Ribs.jpg

Last edited:
I haven’t hung out or eaten at a bar in years. I did when I was flying, though. Crew hotel bars. I seem to remember a lot of wings.

Come on Cassy, I'm from Dallas.

it's either Nachos or mini Tacos for me.

But I do like fried pickles.

if you at a Raw Bar, raw oysters of course!

Eric, Austin Tx.

I love good nachos. Then there is chips drowned in cheesy goop and called "nachos." I like fried pickles, too.

CD

It is interesting, I wonder where do you travel to?

if you head west to New mexico or AZ., often most any Bar will bring you a Denver Omlette smothered in Green or Red Chilli.

I think you are more a Navada kinda guy, for the autos.

I have never been to Souther Cal, but I guess fish is very nice there.

Eric, Austin Tx.

A local place, Ricky's, makes great wings and has their own sauce. They offer them naked or breaded, my preference being naked. I don't trust any local places for raw seafood, so I buy oysters, uni, clams, blue crabs and crawfish to do at home.

Fish 'n Chips. I call it "Pub Fare" rather than bar food, but that's because my preferred "bar" is a brew pub, and most of them in Colorado offer a fairly good menu, and most include fish 'n chips. I've found that brew pubs usually serve a decent burger (and other sandwiches too), but when I see fish 'n chips on the menu, that's my go to.

It is interesting, I wonder where do you travel to?

if you head west to New mexico or AZ., often most any Bar will bring you a Denver Omlette smothered in Green or Red Chilli.

I think you are more a Navada kinda guy, for the autos.

I have never been to Souther Cal, but I guess fish is very nice there.

Eric, Austin Tx.

I go everywhere when I travel for business. NYC, Vegas. LA, SanFran, CT, Florida, Colorado... Wyoming.

The one thing I have learned is that you can meet some very interesting people, and I mean that mostly in a good way, eating at the bar in a good restaurant.

I generally don't eat BIG meals, especially on the road. I usually eat from the appetizer menu. A salad at a restaurant is 1,500 calories and 30 grams of fat. I may as well eat something I like, for the same calorie and fat count.

CD

Last edited:
In my case I love to eat sandwiches in bars when I travel (sometimes) through my country. :)

They are generally very good in taste on towns and often generous with the ingredients.

I do not like the taste of beer. It's absolutely retched. Unless it's cooked in onion rings or or part of a cheese sauce for soft pretzels. Proper beer battered onion rings and soft pretzels with a good beer cheese are two of my favorite bar foods. I also really like fried pickles and if done well, jalapeño poppers are wonderful.

In my case I love to eat sandwiches in bars when I travel (sometimes) through my country. :)

They are generally very good in taste on towns and often generous with the ingredients.

I have been all over Spain, and "bar food" means different things when you travel. Barcelona has wonderful Tapas bars. In Madrid or Salamancha (where I spent a lot of time), it is different. I have never been to the Basque region, but I understand there are great "bar foods" there.

CD

When I was married and would go into a bar to retrieve my husband, on the rare occasions I would sit at the bar and munch from the eternal pretzel bowl sitting on the counter. They go great with a soda.

Back
Top Bottom