What are your favorite Costco items/deals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2 in the household makes bulk buying not so necessary. However, we do stock up on:
coffee, certain herbs and spices, canned tomatoes, V8, meats like vacpac corned beef, rack of lamb, sausages, and some of the cheeses, omg and the peanuts, as well as a few non food items. Our Costco also has a liquor store and there are some great prices there too.
BJs is another with several different lines of products that we get once in a while. All in all we save enough to justify a membership there too.

First they have yummy Balderson aged cheddar cheeses which are the best as far as I am concerned.

I also love their rotisserie chickens. We often get two - one to eat and one to break down for sandwiches, salads, and add into recipes.

They have ground turkey thigh meat in four packages together so I can use one and freeze the others for future use. It is great for burgers, tacos, you name it. I find the thigh meat is much more flavourful and moist than the breast meat and I am using way more than ground beef. I often mix ground turkey and ground pork (also from Costco) for very tasty, healthy burgers, meatballs, shepherd's pie and more!

2 in the household makes bulk buying not so necessary.
Actually for us it means more reason to buy some things in bulk! But that is because I cook almost all my food from scratch due to my training and all our food intolerances and the fact I need to make "Frozen Dinners" for DH's weekend job. During the week he takes sandwiches and I precook and portion the meat for those and put it in the freezer as well.

Heck, buying 5 pounds of meat can be bulk buying for two people. But most of my bulk purchases at Costco are non-perishables.

I went to Costco today and foundsome blueberry almond rice cake snacks that are crazy good. I posted a review in the off topic with details. I also picked up a folding hand truck for 20 bucks. It folds to about 1'' by 24 x 14. Pretty cool for the price.

I am tasting some Bulliet Bourbon I got today too. Everything else was our regular stuff. I managed to get out under 150 bucks today. That doesn't happen too often!

the promo's(posted a thread on this before)i was in costco yesterday,they had demo's on balderson cheddar(wow! three visits to that stand),seranno ham with stuffed olives(two),mini pizza's,garlic bread & sirloin steak.dessert was jelly belly jelly beans all washed down with cheeky little tropicana orange juice:yum::LOL:!
fav items are the raw frozen tail on prawns(21-25/pound size),trident salmon fish cakes,handy's crab cakes,vac pac lochfyne mussels in wine sauce(damn near as good as making your own),yoshida's spicy wing & rib sauce.
HELP PLEASE! i watch a lot of the american cooking/food programmes on satellite & "seasoning salt" crops up a lot.costco sells johnny's seasoning salt(no msg version).is it the same stuff(looks the same)is it any good?
on the rotisserie section they sell "screaming wings" has anyone tried them,are they screaming?
thanx
harry

the promo's(posted a thread on this before)i was in costco yesterday,they had demo's on balderson cheddar(wow! three visits to that stand),seranno ham with stuffed olives(two),mini pizza's,garlic bread & sirloin steak.dessert was jelly belly jelly beans all washed down with cheeky little tropicana orange juice:yum::LOL:!
fav items are the raw frozen tail on prawns(21-25/pound size),trident salmon fish cakes,handy's crab cakes,vac pac lochfyne mussels in wine sauce(damn near as good as making your own),yoshida's spicy wing & rib sauce.
HELP PLEASE! i watch a lot of the american cooking/food programmes on satellite & "seasoning salt" crops up a lot.costco sells johnny's seasoning salt(no msg version).is it the same stuff(looks the same)is it any good?
on the rotisserie section they sell "screaming wings" has anyone tried them,are they screaming?
thanx
harry

I just looked up Johnny's seasoning salt, and it looks like it's a standard seasoning salt used here. Each brand is a little different, but they all have a similar flavor profile. Lawry's is the original here, but Johnny's looks like it would make a perfect substitute.

I just looked up Johnny's seasoning salt, and it looks like it's a standard seasoning salt used here. Each brand is a little different, but they all have a similar flavor profile. Lawry's is the original here, but Johnny's looks like it would make a perfect substitute.
thanks for that,think i'll give it a try,probably split the tub with bro' bolas:)

I don't have a Costco membership, but the lad who is lodging in the City house this summer does (he's doing an unpaid internship for a charity on which I serve as a board member). He takes care of the chickens while I'm gone. And now, he will have to take me to Costco! I feel as if I have a college kid home for the summer. He is neat, but he doesn't cook at all. I'm working on that.

Back
Top Bottom