What are your favorite Costco items/deals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4meandthem

Half Baked
What are your regulars?

I love the Bel Giossa Parmesan at 4.59 a lb

I think their multi-grain bread is the best around and they have a twin bag of sourdough (Namebrand) for the price of one that is really good.

Big bag of organic quinoa for 10 bucks can't be beat.

Butter and cheese beats the supermarket for price. I have tried a bunch of their premium cheeses and have never been disappointed either.I bought some Point Reyes Blue today and my 3 year loved it.Love that kid!

Tried the sausage and meat lasagne tonight and was pleasantly surprised for a pre-made product.The ravioli they carry in the black bag is good too.

When they have fresh Halibut it is great but last time they wanted you to buy the whole fish and it was more than I wanted to spend.

The big box of Ghiradelli brownies mix is the best mix I have had. They aslo have a bag of cashew clusters with pumpkin seeds and some other stuff that is pretty good.

I don't shop much meat or produce there.

What do you like?

I really need to check out Costco some day. Trouble is Costco is a good 15 minute drive and I can be at BJ's in 5 minutes flat (it's in my neighborhood). I just have no other reason to go to the section of town where Costco is.

as far as food goes, the goat cheese logs are a great deal. also, the locatelli cheese is a good price for a wedge.

i often buy the packages of 4 pork tenderloins, premio sausage, and 2 packs of roasting chickens.

We buy lots there.

Pork tenderloins
ground beef (no pink slime)
steaks and roasts
Phillips Maryland style crab cakes
Premio Italian sausages
Bacon
TP
Bounty Paper Towels
Some filled pastas when they have the ones I like
Raw chicken wing sections
Coffee
sugar
salt
Tylenol substitute
Allegra substitute
Enteric aspirin
reading glasses
Printer ink carts
Books
Turbo Tax
and more...

Andy's list and more, more...

Canned goods
Nutritional Supplements Prescribed by MD
Produce
Cheese
We shop the whole store.

Definatly the Roasted chicken!

Also bought the 50 lb bag of jasmine rice for literally the price of 2 lbs in my old NY supermarket

The boneless skinless chicken thighs come in like a pack of 6 and one package is perfect for us per meal

I also must have saved several hundred dollars in diapers and wipes by now by buying a case.

Turbo Tax
and more...

We buy many non-food items as well. Lots of paper products, especially bathroom tissue both for home and business, and lots of paper plates.

I usually wait at least til September to purchase my Turbo Tax and get them from Amazon as they become hugely discounted near the end of year's tax filing season. This is, of course, only advantages to those who file extensions past the April 15 deadline. I use their Home & Business software and have always gotten them for under $20 through Amazon.

and just how much do you claim the turobo tax software cost you when taking a deduction for tax preparation costs when adjusting your gross income?

hmmm... hmmmm?
:mrgreen:

I guess I forgot the diapers,wipes and formula! Thank god we are not doing the formula anymore! That stuff will eat furniture finsh like nothing else not to mention the cost!

I buy my ink cartridges online. They never have the exact one I need.

How much is the Jasmine rice? Sounds like a steal. I love Jasmine rice!

I saw some blueberry coated goat cheese today that looked good.I will try it next time. I can't tell you how many times I bought cheeses at the super only to find them amonniated when I opend them. That hasn't happened yet at Costco.

We also get all our paper goods there too.

Dang it to heck! You are upping my Costco envy, 4me! July! We too shall reap the bounties of Costco!

Last edited:
A carton of canned tomatoes will last us 6 months. I also get the 28-pack of V8 12 oz cans, that lasts us about two months. Shrek likes Perrier water, it's cheapest by the case at Costco. I try to stay away from the bakery, 1. the two of us can't eat that much and 2. we shouldn't be eating it to begin with.

Most meat packages are too big, every once in a while I'll get a side of salmon for myself. I portion it, cook it and freeze in individual servings for work.

Paper products, Brita Filters. The Costco in Spokane had cases of toasted seaweed snacks and my boss picked one up for me.

I love Costco. I can spend all day in there...but only if I am by myself.

Dang it to heck! You are upping my Costco envy, 4me! July! We too shall receive the bounties of Costco!

It has a place in my shopping cart but I don't buy alot of things there.
Meat and produce I do better shopping the supers and i think the quality is better for the produce. The meat is a little better at costco but I would be paying full retail all the time for it.

They do awesome deals on TV's and appliances and tons of other things though. Cameras,vacuums,Tools,pots and pans etc.

Did I mention the dried baby coconut!!!!! Oh Yeah!

It's painful to read this thread. I so want a Costco!

Last edited:
We have a BJ's account, but it's pretty much the same. Among some other things, I like to get roasted red peppers, pine nuts and capers. We eat them all the time and they cost a fortune for small jars in regular grocery stores.

When meats are on sale in our grocery stores, they're usually less than the price of BJ's, though. We don't have the space to store lots of paper goods, but we do like to get electronics there.

I love that I can get 1 liter bottles of decent extra virgin olive oil for a great price at BJ's usually around $7-8 per bottle. I am using a really nice single origin Spanish olive oil right now, in the past I've gotten Sicilian olive oil for that low price.

They sell through olive oil pretty fast so I know it hasn't been sitting there forever.

Last edited:
We're hard-core long-time Costco regulars - like from back in the days when it was called "Price Club". Have yet to purchase anything from their own "Kirkland" brand line that hasn't been excellent.

Items we buy regularly & from nowhere else:

Kirkland Brand toilet paper
Kirkland Brand paper towels
Scoopaway cat litter
Kirkland Brand marinated artichoke hearts - gallon jar
Filippo Berio Extra-Virgin Olive Oil by the gallon
Various nuts, some Kirkland brand - pistachios, cashews, mixed nuts
Kirkland Brand various dried fruit & "trail" mixes
Large bags of dried Shitake mushrooms
Contact lenses

Items we buy frequently or when we have a taste for them:

Kirkland Brand Marinara Sauce - 3 quart-size jars to a package
Castella Brand "Greek Meze" - a quart of pitted green & Kalamata olives with pepperoncini peppers & feta cheese in a nicely-seasoned oil marinade
Various fresh cheeses
Various fresh pastas
Gold's Brand cocktail sauce - quart jar
Various frozen ravioli (there's a brand filled with spinach & parmesan that's fabulous!)
Various frozen potsticker dumplings
Various frozen snack/appetizer-type items - nice to have on hand, & all have been good
Fresh "take-home-&-bake" pizzas
Fresh whole rotisserie chickens - their own rotisserie chickens are the best of any I've tried from local markets. Crisp-skinned, moist/juicy, & flavorful.
5-pound sacks of multicolored (blue,yellow,red) tiny baby new potatoes at nearly the same price I pay for a 1-pound bag at the supermarket
Avocados
Various fresh fruit

Once in awhile purchases:

Books
DVDs
CDs
Jeans & other casual clothing
Small appliances (rice cooker, Keurig coffeemaker, pasta machine, indoor rotisserie, etc., etc. Our Panasonic microwave came from "Price Club" back in 1994 & is still going strong!)
House & garden plants
Fresh flowers (long-stem roses are always available in a number of colors - not just "red" - & normally last at least a week & a half!!)
Wine

Oh, & we also got our gorgeous huge-screen tv there at a steal of a price. In fact, I'd have to say that probably 99% of the electrical/audio/video equipment in our home came from Costco.

Since they're always adding new items, we're always finding new favorites, so it's hard to remember everything, but I'm guessing you can tell that we're big fans. :)

Last edited:
They also regularly put on sale many items through their mailers. You can get huge discounts on big ticket items. We recently purchases an outdoor playset for the grandkids which was $300 off reg low price, and that included free delivery right into the back yard.

Back
Top Bottom