What are your Least Favorite Foods?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Radishes and cauliflower, and most organ meats, and anything with curry sauce, I cannot stomach the smell of curry.

ChefJune, after your comment about creamed corn (and thanks for sparing me from knowing whats all in there) I think I will pass it whenever I see it in the isle :). Your comments were successful in sowing the seeds of doubt in me, I personally detest canned foods and only use it if I have no other options.

I was raised to try "at least a bite" before banning something from my diet. That said, I've never tried & will NEVER try brains or sweetbreads. There's too much textural & visual there for me to be able to enjoy them.

As far as something I've tried & definitely dislike: both beef & calves liver.

Other than that, I'm pretty much game for anything within reason - lol!!!

Barb L. said:
Cooked spinach
Lima beans
Cottage cheese
Mayonaise
Thats it for now!

I'm glad there's someone else who doesn't like mayo! Never liked it, if it's on a hamburger at a restaurant I'll take my knife and try to get as much of it off as I can!

I really had to think about this. First thing that came to mind was Brussels sprouts. My mother always tried to get us to eat them by telling us we were eating "baby" cabbages. Yeah, right!

Tofu is not high on my list. Although, it is one of the main components of hot and sour soup, which is one of Buck's favorites.

Except for things like brains and sweetbreads, I'm pretty much good to go with most foods. Except for...bugs, as someone else mentioned. Don't do bugs. Or chilled monkey brains.:LOL:

Katie E said:
Tofu is not high on my list. Although, it is one of the main components of hot and sour soup, which is one of Buck's favorites.

Except for things like brains and sweetbreads, I'm pretty much good to go with most foods.

How can you not like tofu?? it is one of the best ingredeints as it is so versetile!!! it takes on so many different flavours (whatever your cooking it with for that fact!):chef:
I have a recipe for baked tofu that is to die for! (for me anyway!), put a bit of lemon on it and mmmmmmmmm it's good!!:chef:

I'm confused, you are the second person to mention sweetbread, isn't it just sweet bread, or do i have the wrong picture??:ermm:

:) Organ meats,okra,steamed cabbage,mackeral,smoked oysters,spam,overly smoked foods or any food that is cooked badly.I know there are more just cant think of them yet.

SurvivorGirl said:
I'm confused, you are the second person to mention sweetbread, isn't it just sweet bread, or do i have the wrong picture??:ermm:

SurvivorGirl,

Sweetbreads are the thymus gland or pancreas of a young animal. Belongs to the "organ meats" category. Nothing you would want to put butter and jam on.

Katie E said:
SurvivorGirl,

Sweetbreads are the thymus gland or pancreas of a young animal. Belongs to the "organ meats" category. Nothing you would want to put butter and jam on.
o, so i was getting the wrong picture in my head:ROFLMAO:
you had me wondering there:LOL:

a lotta of the veggies
the organ meats (can eat rumaki without gagging, though)
ditto on the creamed corn, canned or "scallopped" (won't tell you what I think it looks like - you can guess already)
liver

Hmm let's see, I don't really like eating raw foods such as sushi. I'm scared I might get sick.

Last edited by a moderator:
cooked carrots .. make me gag ..
stewed sausage .. this was dinner once a week when i was young

Meatloaf.... although I did see a version of it on Good Eats that would make me reconsider trying it.

Cooked carrots

Peas... of any sort except for split pea soup

Beets

Uni

I would say organ type foods, but I have never really tried any so I can't knock it before I have tried it!!!

Raw onions or peppers (like them cooked though)
Anything that has mayo in it or on it
I also have an issue with food that has things in it that I can't identify
for example- I love Chinese food until I look at it to closely at it,then, I can't eat it. ( Okay I know that probably means something on some deep psychological level, but, I don't want to know)

Goodness Middie - you don't like ANY vegetables? What do you eat - just meat & poultry? Surely there must be some vegetables you like.

Back
Top Bottom