What are your Least Favorite Foods?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay potatos corn and green beans. I'm just starting to like onons (cooked in some shape or form)
Other than that *eck*

Last edited:
What about salads? Do you eat salads?

Really, I'm just concerned about health here. I've never heard of anyone who didn't like vegetables - period. And just potatoes, corn, & green beans are not enough to keep you healthy.

Perhaps it's the way you've had vegetables cooked that's turned you off? I absolutely hated all canned vegetables except for corn. Then I had them freshly cooked until just crisp/tender & fell in love with all of them. Not to mention all the different kinds of vegetables out there. Certainly you haven't tried them all - cooked properly.

I think you should start experimenting more.

Leasts vavorites

In inverse order:

3. Eyeball
In the early 70's I was at an international pot-luck organized and attended by members of many congregations led by Babtists and Mormans. There were folks from all over the world but we were well represented by Vietnamese, some of whom had been recently airlifted from atop our Saigon embassy. I opened a seaweed package and found an eyeball staring up at me. I might eat an eyeball if it doesn't require eye to eye contact but I will never go looking for one.

2. Canned carrots.
In my opinion canned carrots taste awful! Raw carrots are inexpensive, taste great, easy to cook, and will keep long without refrigeration. Canning might be useful in third world environments but I can't imagine any circumstance that would cause me to buy them.

1. Foie gras.
So far, this is the one and only food that I have never tasted and still feel compelled from which to forever abstain. It is not so much the inhumane treatment of the goose, as the bourgeoisie attitude of the FoodTV generation that causes me to boycott foie gras.

skilletlicker said:
In inverse order:

1. Foie gras.
So far, this is the one and only food that I have never tasted and still feel compelled from which to forever abstain. It is not so much the inhumane treatment of the goose, as the bourgeoisie attitude of the FoodTV generation that causes me to boycott foie gras.

I am with you on the Foie gras... I have never tried it myself and never will.

Grits and collard greens. I've tried and tried and tried again because I have a lot of southern friends who tell me I don't like them because no one has "prepared them right." Luckily I'm one of those folk who can eat a bite or three of everything and anything in the name of being polite. Oh, yes; believe it or not, I don't care for salmon.

Pickled beets, organ meat (mostly, still enjoy chicken gizzards occasionally), blue cheese (when your cheese turns blue, it's time to get new cheese!). And other than that, I can't think of much else. Wife dislikes celery and olives. And she's not fond of mangos.

Onions and I have a mutual non-aggression pact. I don't eat them, and they don't hurt me!

Liver & Onions
Head Cheese
Beets
Beer (technically not a food but I can't stand beer!)
chittlins

BreezyCooking said:
What about salads? Do you eat salads?

Really, I'm just concerned about health here. I've never heard of anyone who didn't like vegetables - period. And just potatoes, corn, & green beans are not enough to keep you healthy.

Perhaps it's the way you've had vegetables cooked that's turned you off? I absolutely hated all canned vegetables except for corn. Then I had them freshly cooked until just crisp/tender & fell in love with all of them. Not to mention all the different kinds of vegetables out there. Certainly you haven't tried them all - cooked properly.

I think you should start experimenting more.

I have. Believe me I have. I'll just stick with my V-8 :)

bananas,
cold cheese, american all the time, any form
cream cheese in most preps. except stuffed mushrooms... yum
batter fried shrimp, cold cocktail shrimp
chocolate with mint or fruit flavoring...
peanuts/cashews
kiwi
strawberry flavored stuff
cream filled junk food (twinkies, ding dongs)

thats prob. more than enough to list, i'll stop now :)

dougiezerts said:
What are your least favorite foods--foods that make you nausious just thinking about?

Anything with high fructose corn syrup and/or hydrogenated vegetable oil in it.

any organ meat, blood sausage, crab, pickled pigs feet,
head cheese, limberger(sp) cheese, fat on the outside
of a steak, (marbling ok), bugs and probably more...

Yellow Squash, unless it is in a stirfry, them I can tolerate it.

Veal, because that is just inhumane and cruel.

Squid, it's a texture issue. *shudders*

Also, I don't do fried eggs and the yellow squash, because my mother forced me to eat them as a child, and I would nearl have to gag this food down. That is why I do not force my children to eat anything. I do encourage them to try a bite of something.

I could never understand why parents forced their children to eat something they did not like. If the shoe were on the other foot, would they want somoene forcing them to eat something they did not like? I don't think so.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom