What can a newb cook for his wife?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am going to try your lamb recipe. I think that you can get lamb chops at Walmart. I get mine at Costco. Lamb is one of my favorite red meats, and it pairs well with rosemary. I have 3 large rosemary bushes in my yard that stay green year around (in Virginia), and supply the whole block with rosemary year round. For a romantic dinner, I have found that lamb is one meat that many people won't eat as it is "cute"

Bigjim, hope you enjoy it. I didn't use to eat lamb much until I moved here to London last year, now I'm eating it more than I do steak which, originally being from the midwest, is strange for me.

Well, whatever you make, homemade biscuits will go with it!

2 cups self-rising flour
4 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup All-Vegetable Shortening, butter or lard
1 cup buttermilk, or you can use whole milk
flour for kneading

Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, cut the shortening into the Self-Rising Flour with a pastry blender or fork or your fingertips until it resembles coarse crumbs. Blend in buttermilk with fork just until the dough comes together. The dough will be sticky.
Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently by folding the dough 6 to 8 times.

Press into a circle that's 1 inch thick.

Cut out biscuits with a 2-inch cutter, being sure to push straight down through the dough. Do not twist the cutter until the dough has been cut all the way through (twisting the cutter will cause the biscuits not to rise straight up.
Place biscuits on baking sheet so that they just touch. Reform scrap dough, working it as little as possible and continue cutting.​

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.​

Attachments

• biscuitsrecipe.jpg
    biscuitsrecipe.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 52

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom