What can I make with hamburger?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finely chop some onion..saute in oil/butter/bacon drippings etc. until done....Incorporate it into the ground meat along with any other favorite seasonings...Salt, pepper, garlic, etc. Form nice thick patties...wrap with a slice of bacon, and secure with a tooth pick....Grill over moderate heat until done!!!

Enjoy!

This is good, healthful, no noodles:

HERBED MEATBALL STEW
Meatballs:
1½ pounds ground beef
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
¼ cup catsup
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
Stew:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, pressed or chopped
1 28-ounce can chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon sugar
2 cups sliced carrots
1 bay leaf
½ teaspoon thyme, crumbled
½ teaspoon marjoram, crumbled
½ cup red wine
4 cups shredded cabbage
1 16-ounce can kidney beans, drained
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
Directions:
1. Combine ground beef, beaten eggs, fresh bread crumbs,
catsup, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
2. Form meat mixture into about 24 golf-ball-sized meatballs and
place on foil-covered rimmed baking pan.
3. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes or until well browned.
4. While meatballs are browning, saute onion in olive oil in a large
(5- to 8-quart) covered pot until translucent.
5. Add garlic and saute for additional minute.
6. Add tomatoes, sugar, carrots, bay leaf, thyme, marjoram, &
wine; bring to boil and simmer 10 minutes.
7. Add browned meatballs, cabbage, beans, and caraway seeds;
mix gently; add ½ cup water if needed.
8. Return stew to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour or
until carrots are tender.

chili would work well. you can make it with beef or turkey. plentiful fiber, flavor, nutrients, & variations!

shepherd's pie : many variations ... hamburger, veg like peas and carrots, onion and celery, sauce like broth ketchup worcestershire, a little flour to thicken mixture, salt pepper, and mashed potato to top it...bake in oven.

ohll! tacos! or burritoes! or loose-meat sammiches! or i used to take a can of navy beans, a little baby can of tomato sauce & a lb. of drained, cooked ground beef with garlic & herbs. yum.

One of my favorites..
Hamburger gravy.

Fry up the meat, drain off most of the fat, sprinkle liberally with flour. Fry a bit with the flour, it should absorb all of the fat. When the flour has cooked a bit to remove that "flour" flavor, pour in milk, stir. bring to a boil and allow to thicken while stirring. Salt and Pepper to taste.. Server on toast, bread, biscuits, whatever you have laying about.

Meatloaf is one of my favorites...there are many recipes here, or just Google meatloaf.
Hamburger soup is another idea...Brown the ground beef with onions, discard grease, and proceed as you would for vegetable beef soup.

Silly girl - You ask a silly question. What can't you make with hamburger other than a tuna sandwich?

If you are still in need, send me an email/or post, and I'll reply with a link to a thousand recipes, or just laugh with you, and provide a small number of recipes myself :)

Bob

In a skillet fry ground beef and a diced onion until done.
In another skillet fry diced potatoes until tender.
Mix cooked ground beef and cooked diced potatoes in one skillet.
Add green beans and any seasonings you like and cook on low stirring occassionally. Do not drain any fat from cooked ground beef because you will need to add a little flour and water or milk to make a gravy within the meal.
When meal is done pour over bread or toast.

Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm! Delicious!

Well I could make a hundred or more meals out of hamburger, but to be healthy is more difficult :) We had many when I was dieting, but here are two examples:

Aunt Fannie's Dinner (don't know who Aunt Fannie is)

1/3 C Uncooked Elbow Macaroni
1 lb hamburger (lower fat if you like)
1/2 med onion, chopped
1/2 med green pepper, chopped
8 oz Tom Sauce
Med can Italian Diced Tomatoes (regular will work, just add more Basil & Oregano)
1 Can Whole Kernel Corn
S&P, Basil, & Oregano

Brown beef, tenderize onions, and add seasoning to taste (more is better in this recipe to me) in skillet. Then add tomatoes, corn, and tomato sauce. Simmer, then add macaroni's until they are cooked to your taste.

Beef & Parm Pasta

1 lb hamburger (again can be lean)
14 oz Beef broth/base
14 oz Italian Diced Tomatoes
1 1/3 C uncooked Bowtie pasta
1 1/3 C Sliced zucchini
1/2 C grated parmesan cheese
1/2 C onion, chopped
1/2 C green pepper, chopped
Oregano, Basil, Garlic, Salt, Pepper

Brown burger, tenderize onions & peppers in deep 10" skillet. Add tomatoes, zucchini, seasoning. Reduce, then add pasta and cook until pasta is tender. Add Parmesan to top just before serving.

Start by breaking down the hamburger into it's molecular elements then recombine them into anything you want. My choices would be either a flying car or a clone of albert Einstein.

Make some meat balls with sauted onion, fresh herbs,like parsley and basil both fresh and chopped fine, some crushed garlic several eggs and milk and some parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Bake in oven til done then put on a soft french roll along with your favorite cheese..If you have some marinara warm it and put a little on the sandwich and enjoy.
kadesma

OK.. in a skillet fry up the hamburger with some onion. When that is about done drop in some mushrooms an garlic. Let the finish up. Drain off most of the liquid. Sprinkle lightly with flour and fry a bit, add some milk and allow to thicken.

On a cookie sheet, take the pieces of dough from a tube of crescent rolls.
Separate into two even piles. Take half and make a single sheet of dough, do the same with the other so you 2 separate sheets of dough.

Spoon the meat mixture on one of the sheets, cover with the other and seal the edges. Pop in a 350 degree oven until golden brown.

brown your burger & drain. add al-dente wide egg noodles, bechamel mixed with shredded wht. cheddar cheese, roasted jalapeno, finely minced, sauteed diced onion & minced garlic, a bunch of black pepper, & salt, place in casserole, & bake at 350 till warmed through. sprinkle with buttered crumbs & grated yellow cheddar, return to oven; when bubbly, sprinkle with parsley.

Back
Top Bottom