What can you make with these ingredients?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anau

Senior Cook
I have:

chicken legs
cream of chicken and mushroom soup
potatoes
an onion
rice
a crockpot

What can I make with these ingredients? I was thinking of something like chicken and potato soup or risotto but I have never made these before.

How bout you fry the chicken, put in a slow cooker or in the oven, cover with a mixture of mushroom soup, sour cream, parmesean...cook till chicken is done, give it an hour....serve with mashed potatoes, or rice......its a thought

You can cook the potatos in the microwave.

Put the can of mushroom soup, chicken legs, cup up onion, and rice in the crock pot. Cook until done.

That Is what I would do.

"Idiot Proof Chicken"

I know... it's a silly name for it... but I am not the one who named it and I have had it in my hand-written collection since 1980...

1 onion, Saute in a bit of oil till transparent, place in bottom of casserole and mix it in with:
1 cup white long grain rice,
1 can cream of mushroom soup,
1 can water,
1/2 cup sour cream.

Place chicken pieces on top ( skinned if you like)

Bake covered, one hour at 350 F. If you need to use the crockpot, then the time would vary...

Serves 4.

You can serve it with baked or mashed potatoes ... although the rice is usually enough carbs...

Microwave the thinly sliced onions with a tbl of oil until onions are soft. S&P the chicken legs and put in the crockpot with the soup, onions and rice. I can't tell you about timing...you'll just have to check it.
Or...Prepare as above, but leave the rice out. Cube the potatoes and steam in the microwave, then drain and mash. To serve, spoon some of the sauce over the potatoes. If you have a can of corn, peas or green beans, heat in nuke with a pinch of salt, pinch of sugar, and a couple pats of butter.

Brown the chicken and then put it all in the crock pot with a little water mixed with the soups.Add the rice or cook it on the side and serve the chicken and sauce over the rice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom