What do you buy that you can make?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've not heard of Knorr stock either. I'll be on the lookout for it too!

I use a lot of Better Than Boullion low sodium chicken stock we found at Costco.

Last edited:
pizza crust
broth/stock
pasta
tofu
curry paste
salsa

I really try to make as much as I can, but eventually it comes down to choosing your battles. Alas, free time is in short supply.

I rarely make stock these days.

I did once make a batch of stock, both fish and beef, I stored it in pots in the freezer, beef at the front and fish at the back of a shelf.

Unknown to me Mrs Wyshiepoo rearranged my stock in the shelf. I then made a Bouef Bourguignon/ Stroganoff type dish and unknowingly added fish stock to it. Mrs Wyshiepoo said it smelt like cat food.

I rarely make stock these days.

I did once make a batch of stock, both fish and beef, I stored it in pots in the freezer, beef at the front and fish at the back of a shelf.

Unknown to me Mrs Wyshiepoo rearranged my stock in the shelf. I then made a Bouef Bourguignon/ Stroganoff type dish and unknowingly added fish stock to it. Mrs Wyshiepoo said it smelt like cat food.

:LOL: Surprise!

There's not much that I buy that I can't also make at home if I have the time and interest.

My efforts at making vinegar have been less than stellar, so I buy that.

Puff pastry is fun to make but is a pain, so I usually buy that.

I also use canned beans, canned tomatoes, dry pasta, canned curry paste, bagged coke slaw mix, and <hiding> Pillsbury crescent dough ....

Lately I've been giving in to buying homemade fermented sauerkraut. I have made it myself before and probably will again. but, it's a lot easier to buy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom