What do you guys do with leftover pulled pork?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anau

Senior Cook
I have got a ton of pulled pork in the freezer and I'm in need of more ways to use it up other than in sandwiches, fried rice, and tortillas. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Stuffed bell peppers.
Stuffed cabbage leaves.
Add it to chili.
Add it to stew.
Make Sheppard’s Pie with.
Make a “pork” pot pie with it.
Make a quiche with it.
Put it on top of a pizza.
Add some to an omelet.
Make a calzone with it.
Make egg rolls with it.
Finely mince it and add it to hamburger meat and make a meatloaf.
Heat it in a pan with balsamic vinegar and then top a salad with it.
Add some to your cornbread mix before baking.

Lots of stuff to do!

Wow, keltin has some great ideas.

How about a hash, along the line of corned beef or roast beef hash.

Toss a fried egg on top; that sounds good to me right now.

OH! I also forgot one of my favorites: add it to beans as you’re cooking them. It’s great in pintos, red beans, etc. I also throw some pieces in with green beans for a little smokey flavor!

Last edited:
Yes, that's just what I needed keltin, a nice long list to get the gears turning!

Oh man, a hash sound good right about now. I can't wait to get started!

thanks y'all!

I have got a ton of pulled pork in the freezer and I'm in need of more ways to use it up other than in sandwiches, fried rice, and tortillas. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

You can't have too much good pulled pork bar-b-que....

Go figure ...

The world's first Drive-In Restaurant was The Pig Stand in Dallas, TX - serving a chopped pulled pork sandwich with an unforgettable sauce. Yep - TEXAS - where BBQ and BEEF are more than just food ... :devilish:

Go figure ...

The world's first Drive-In Restaurant was The Pig Stand in Dallas, TX - serving a chopped pulled pork sandwich with an unforgettable sauce. Yep - TEXAS - where BBQ and BEEF are more than just food ... :devilish:

Texas knows how to cook BBQ?
5.gif

I have to agree with Katie E. Y'all get leftover pulled pork?

My kids go nuts on my pulled pork. I have to smoke at least 2 pork butts, if not three, to get enough to have leftovers.

I also agree with Micheal in FW. Leftover Pulled Pork is great for Mexican! Fajitas and Enchiladas are my favorites, although tamales would be great as well, with a nice mole sauce.

I also make a killer Posole with Pulled Pork. Run a search on my handle, cross-referenced with Posole, and you should pull up the recipe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom